Anyone DNA tested silkie chicks?

ka002

Chirping
Aug 22, 2024
Australia
Hey guys!

Curious to hear your stories (and any suggested threads!) of people who have DNA sexed their silkie chicks.

I have three silkie babies that are 6 weeks old, they are pets that I incubated and hatched myself.

I am an insane animal lover who has had all kinds of animals all my life and somehow I STILL underestimated how much I would love them before knowing…

I legally cant keep roosters in my area (NSW Australia) and I am so torn about whether I should do some DNA testing to put myself out of this miserable purgatory. (Please no negative comments on hatching eggs knowing I might get roos I couldn’t keep. It was a lifelong dream for 20+ years to experience the magic of hatching my own, and I underestimated my attachment.)

I only haven’t done it yet as I can’t bear the thought of their “mama” causing them pain by pulling out feathers or drawing blood, although I am also worried about how long it takes to sex them and how much more I will love them by the time I find out who they are…

Anyone got any advice/insights/tips on this process?

If you’ve done it, were your results accurate?

Bonus points if you have a reputable company in Australia to recommend!!!

Thanks so much!!

Last edited:
Thanks I have read about these guys in a few places. They sound good but I was worried about the length of time it might take to get a response!

Have you used them before?
No I haven't but if you search for that name here you will find a lot of threads about others using them.

Back
Top Bottom