Anyone here like Lamb?

BlueBaby

Chick hatching addict.
8 Years
Mar 21, 2016
Someplace near Phoenix, Arizona
My local grocer's had Leg of Lamb advertised in their flyer for this week, so I bought some yesterday so that I could try out this Crockpot recipe that looked good. I started it going about an hour ago to have for dinner tonight. Here is where I found the recipe that I am using for it:

https://www.supergoldenbakes.com/slow-cooker-lamb/

I love curry
1/4 cup vegetable oil
bay leaves
4 whole cloves
10 black peppercorns
2 yellow onions chopped
2 pounds boneless lamb cut into 1 pieces
1 tablespoon ginger minced
1 tablespoon garlic minced
1 teaspoon cardamom
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoons coriander
2 teaspoons garam masala
2 cups water
1/2 cup tomato puree
1/2 cup greek yogurt

To a large skillet or dutch oven add the oil on medium heat with the bay leaves, cloves, peppercorns and onions and cook, stirring, 10 mins
Add in the lamb, ginger, garlic, cardamom, cinnamon, salt, turmeric, coriander and garam masala cooking and stirring for an additional 10 mins
Add in the water and tomato puree and let simmer on medium-low heat for 45 mins. adding in the yogurt just before serving.

2 medium onions, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 large carrots, diced
3 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 Scotch Bonnet pepper, seeded and chopped
2 pounds boneless goat meat, cubed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
1 cup vegetable stock
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped parsley

Combine onions, garlic, carrots, celery and pepper in a large bowl. Season the meat with salt and pepper, and toss meat with the vegetables. (Protect yourself from contact with Scotch Bonnet peppers.) Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, (the longer the better). I let it sit over night.
Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan, and add the meat/vegetable mixture, browning all sides of meats and cooking for a few minutes to integrate flavors. Add the tomato paste and stock, cover and reduce heat. Simmer until meat is fork tender, at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours, checking occasionally to make sure there is adequate liquid in the pot. (This recipe is also great cooked slowly in a crock pot.) Once the meat is tender, add the chopped tomato and parsley and serve.

2 medium onions, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 large carrots, diced
3 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 Scotch Bonnet pepper, seeded and chopped
2 pounds boneless goat meat, cubed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
1 cup vegetable stock
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped parsley

Combine onions, garlic, carrots, celery and pepper in a large bowl. Season the meat with salt and pepper, and toss meat with the vegetables. (Protect yourself from contact with Scotch Bonnet peppers.) Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, (the longer the better). I let it sit over night.
Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan, and add the meat/vegetable mixture, browning all sides of meats and cooking for a few minutes to integrate flavors. Add the tomato paste and stock, cover and reduce heat. Simmer until meat is fork tender, at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours, checking occasionally to make sure there is adequate liquid in the pot. (This recipe is also great cooked slowly in a crock pot.) Once the meat is tender, add the chopped tomato and parsley and serve.
You can use lamb in this one also.

Back
Top Bottom