Anyone Linux users out there?

Pics
Kidding!

Fileserver at home. moving off of this onto a rocky 9 box, but I need 2 8tb drives that won't be here until end of week.
Screenshot 2023-04-04 081403.png

Kidding!

Fileserver at home. moving off of this onto a rocky 9 box, but I need 2 8tb drives that won't be here until end of week.
View attachment 3455089
It's nice to see I'm alone. BYC might use Linux on its servers as well.
I've been giving Rocky Linux a go for my next server. Currently I'm using a old version of Debian on my servers. I used to use Linux Mint on my laptop, but I got bored of it. OpenMandriva had too many dependency issues, so I went to the Fedora KDE spin.
Waiting for hard drives is hard. My laptop had a half dead drive in it last year. I waited for a long time to use it because I didn't want to brick the drive.

Career linux admin/engineer. 20+ years. I know, trust me. When I worked at Red Hat, people used to ask me what old ladies needed with computers
Old ladies need a laptop with Linux capable of loading BYC, and, of course, a chicken.
I know someone who has no idea how to use a terminal but they use Linux Mint every day with no issues.
What's your preferred desktop environment? Mine is KDE.

Old ladies need a laptop with Linux capable of loading BYC, and, of course, a chicken.
I know someone who has no idea how to use a terminal but they use Linux Mint every day with no issues.
What's your preferred desktop environment? Mine is KDE.
20230404_133527.jpg

Obviously, Abigail was more interested in stomping on my keyboard than posing for a photo.

Hey, I've got a chicken called Abigale, too. And I also use linux pretty much 90% of the time. I only have one machine that still has windows on it, but it's already dual booted and it's only a matter of time before I kick it off the ssd completely.

I have arch on my school laptop, ubuntu dual booted at home, and debian on my 32 bit laptop that I really only keep going because it pleases me to maintain older hardware.

Back
Top Bottom