Anyone on here from AL with State Permit info

Hey!! where have you been??? I have been looking for you on some of the others parts of BYC..

Hope everything is well after the storms came through!

What kind of info are you looking for on permits?

Quote:
Hey, I had to rebuild my greenhouse, and then my sister had a heart attack(she is OK now). Just been busy until just recently...all this heat is keeping me inside...LOL

I have been trying to find out if I need to purchase the State Gamebird permit for ringneck pheasants ? It is a whopping 250.00 per year.

Quote:
Hey, I had to rebuild my greenhouse, and then my sister had a heart attack(she is OK now). Just been busy until just recently...all this heat is keeping me inside...LOL

I have been trying to find out if I need to purchase the State Gamebird permit for ringneck pheasants ? It is a whopping 250.00 per year.

Sorry to hear all of that!! I was worried one of those many storms starting April 28th might have got you because I hadn't seen you on here since.

Well we have Ringnecks and we don't have the permit. We got 100 shipped in a few years ago to raise and well to eat and I kept 1 pair off of those 100 chicks. If you are getting them just for yourself I would say for sure No. From teh research I have been able to do those permits are for those who want to mass produce birds for hunting or to sell for eating. Trying to get anyone with our Fish and Wildlife Dividsion is like pulling teeth. There is a permit out there for waterfowl too on there site and when I emailed them to see excatly what I needed, they said Migratory Waterfowl fell under the jurisdiction of the US Fish and Wildlife. I know not much help.

Have you had them before or done alot of research on them? I think we are actually going to get rid of the few we have. 3 pairs and 1 baby just hatched this year. I stopped bothering with them this year after 2 years of trying to raise them. My first year I got 2 and last year I got 3! From what I have been told is that they don't well here in alabama and that is why we don't have them in the wild. It has something to so with the ticks or some other kind of bug that can make them infertile and the ground being so hard they can't get down in it.. Have you thought abotu Red Goldens or some of the ornamental prettier pheasants? My Red Goldens are doing pretty good this year. I actually 10 or more babies off of them!

Do you haev any luck with the Sebbies? I am still looking for a few more. Mine didn't lay a single egg.

I did some research but could find much and found some that wasn't very clear. I am wanting them to mainly for food purposes.

I had pretty good luck with them this year, but had to fill a waiting list for them. I am still waiting of a couple of them to see if I can tell if they are pure Sebastopol...I crossed some to Saddleback Pomeranians(making Saddleback Sebs) and didn't get to band the last couple of clutches. So I still might have one or to left. Just have to wait and see how they feather out.

Cool thanks! well keep me in mind!

I think if all you want to get them for is food then get them! They will be grown out ina few months and gone. No signs of evidence
smile.png

I can't find anything online at the moment, even about waterfowl!

Quote:
Thanks, for posting that one...I was just wondering about the permits on the State level.

Kanga- I keep you posted on the Seb's.

Virginia just makes us get the federal permit I Imagine most states are different though

That had also crossed my mind..I may only need the federal permit.

Back
Top Bottom