anyone print their own labels for egg cartons?

halfwaynowhere

Songster
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
La Puente, CA
I ordered those cute round plastic egg cartons from eggcartons.com, and also got three sheets of their blank round labels. The website said to use Avery's program, so I downloaded it. problem is, I can only find a template for a 9 label sheet, and these sheets have 12 labels. so it doesn't work. formatting it on my own is going to take an eternity (and a lot of ink). Is there an easier way to do this? I'm about ready to just print them on plain paper and then glue them on my cartons...

I had the same problem with the Avery program. I do mine in Microsoft Word, but it is only 10 labels and I don't even recall how I did it. I have it saved for years and rarely use it now because ink is too expensive. I know it's not any help, but wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Jody

My mom manages apartments and prints tons of mailing labels every day. I think she just uses word and buys the labels in bulk sheets. However her sheets have far more than 10 labels. More like 24 and she prints without issue. I've done it for her once or twice but I don't remember the details. I'd have to see it again.

not sure what all your printing on them but could you go to Staples or somewhere and have a stamp made that you could stamp on the labels? may save lots of money on ink.

Well, I plan on changing the design I use on the labels every so often, so having a stamp made won't work out too well. I get sick of seeing the same design all the time. change is good.
I tried playing around on word to get it to work, but i would have used too much ink to get it aligned properly...
I think for now i'm just going to print on plain paper and then glue them on. And then if I happen to see the 2 1/2" round labels that Avery makes, I'll buy those.

Just FYI- a custom 2.5"x.5" stamp and color pad from Staples is around $9.99 plus shipping. You might still be able to keep remaking the stamp cheaper than buying labels and printer ink.

I use Print Shop 22 for my labels and order brown kraft labels for a country look. You can do the whole thing in black ink that way and still look country and rustic. For a change in look, I also use some labels that are a creamy, vanilla look if I want to use colors or pics of my chickens.

Where I order my labels, you can also get custom labels made if you are feeling in the mood to get fancy and spend some money. Here's the link:

http://www.kraftlabelkottage.com/

Yes. I make my own custom labels. Took photos of my flock of seven girls. Used Photoshop to make a collage and put the names of my girls on each photo. Took a label off purchased egg carton and made a cardboard template. Print out the pre-sized label on a regular 8-1/2 piece of paper. Put template over the design and cut our with scissors. Glue on with Elmer's. I don't do this for every carton, but when I give them away for special gifts. Then I tie them with a raffia bow and sign each egg with a pencil with one of the girl's names. Wish I could attach a PDF, but don't see a way to do that.

I search on the web for a template. I didn't see one so I made one.

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 7.25.51 AM.png
Free Egg Carton Label Customizable Template

Back
Top Bottom