Araucana roosters- noisy?

sophiejw

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
My little chick that we hatched from an ebay batch is probably a roo.

Just wondering how noisy Araucana roosters are. My hubby has been very tolerant of my chickens (he's getting very good at building the runs
smile.png
). But he's always said no cockerels because of the noise. But I've been wondering about keeping this one, if it's going to be waking us up every morning it's going to have to go, but if it's not that bad then I could get away with it and think about breeding with it.

Has anyone got an experience of keeping Araucana roosters- are they noisy? This one is a Lavender one.

Any rooster is going to crow in the morning!
My Araucanas have had beautiful voices and I love to hear them. If you don't want to hear crowing then get rid of him now.
Though they are not bad to crow constantly I still hear them first thing in the morning and occasionally in the evening. They aren't too bad during the day but mornings are certainly a time when they are talking about their flocks.
If you want a soft crowing rooster then get a Silkie. Mine are so out numbered here on the farm I barely ever notice them crowing.

Oh dear
sad.png
I've got a Silkie Roo and he's going to a new home when he's big enough! I know roosters crow, but because I knew that Silkies were quieter I thought there's variation between breeds so it's worth asking.
My chooks aren't next to the house, they're a bit away so we'll see if we hear him crowing, maybe he's far enough away! Or I could make my hubby wear ear plugs!
wink.png

Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom