Are my hens actually drakes?!

Mine came from Metzer this year as well .. she started off dark... She did make a few honks when I harassed her (she's 5 weeks) but not sure if a drake at that age would do that too? This is only my second batch and it's been 5 years since I got the last group.
Post a picture of the tail, I should be able to tell then. By bill and feet color I'd say yours is a drake. But tail feather pattern should confirm

Oh, Metzers! I think they’re not so organized. This Khaki Campbell fellow hatched from an egg they clearly labeled as “WH” 🙄

Attachments

• IMG_5340.jpeg
    IMG_5340.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 11
So, is this considered a “hen tail” because there are no half moons/scallops? View attachment 3886649
Beez looks almost exactly like that except her bill is much lighter 😮‍💨😌. I do have a tendency to panic. Everyone at BYC is amazing and have always helped me at least feel supported even if my questions aren't answered (though that is a rare occurrence!)

Those are not even welsh harlequins.
Are the pics just of your magpie and saxony? As I see the magpie in both photos and the grey headed male in both photos is not a welsh harlequin either.

Those are not even welsh harlequins.
Are the pics just of your magpie and saxony? As I see the magpie in both photos and the grey headed male in both photos is not a welsh harlequin either.
Not sure if you're responding to me or not. But yeah the Saxony and magpie were never in question, just the grey headed male Welsh harlequin. They definitely both ended up being drakes lol I know how to tell the difference now from about 5-6weeks. Lol. Here is one now

Attachments

• 20240709_201825.jpg
    20240709_201825.jpg
    920 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom