Arkansas folks speak up.........

A really good looking flock of birds.
love.gif
You have a nice veriety of breeds and colors. Beautiful!
droolin.gif
Looks like you take good care of them. They look happy and healthy. Don't those girls have any roosters?

Can’t help with the rabbits. Are they running with the poultry too?
took some pictures today of my mixed flock, none for sale, and nothing too special, but i figured i'd share a few anyway

black copper and blue copper marans, silver laced wyandottes, 5-8 weeks old

appenzeller spitzhaubens, bout 6-7 weeks

anyone know what kinda rabbit we are?

Hey thanks. Yea in that big pen its just one rooster. He's half rir half barred rock. A dang good roo. Rest of the males free range and dont have access to that pen. The two rabbits live in there with the birds. They all get along great. I've got a lil shelteted spot beneath the coop where they hang out and sleep. Last night I found a fresh day old litter, their first!

Your rabbits look like Flemish giants. Love hour birds, very interesting. I just have a mixed flock too but I am getting into pure polish silkies. Your appenzellars pure, are you going to sell? Aren't they Egyptian? Enjoyed your pictures -thanks for sharing
smile.png
Do you have any pictures of your "pure polish silkies" ?
clap.gif
Sure would like to see them.

Not sure if anybody is interested, or if they still have any, but I was in TSC in stuttgart on Tuesday, and I overheard the manager saying that he had marked the red-sexlinks 50% off, so they were $1.50 each. Thought I would throw that out there if anybody was interested.

I am stopping in to see if the Cornish Rocks are marked down. I sure could use a few more of them. About to send the 4 I got 5 weeks ago to freezer camp for a spell.

Has anyone had trouble using Dumor chick starter? I purchased some at tractor supply and started feeding it to my chicks. (Before I was feeding medicated feed from Orschelns). All of a sudden they are having issues. They are around 4 weeks old and are a bit listless and two of them are dragging one of their legs behind them. They were vaccinated for Mereks so I can only guess that it is an issue with nutrition?

Quote:
I had the same issues with Dumor, at the time I wasn't sure it was the feed or the hatchery, but decided it was the feed. Had to destroy a flock of twenty-five 3 to 4 weeks old birds because someone said it was Mereks, but detemined later it wasn't so decided it has to be the feed. Seems like there aren't enough vitamins in it. I have not had any issues since I have stopped using it.

Same here. They didn't drag their legs but I had a batch of month old chicks a coulple years back that were on dumor unmedicated starter. The first couple of weeks there was no prob however week 3-4 they acted dead every time they would stand they'd collapse like their legs couldn't bear their weight. I was worried, happened to run out of the dumor starter and bought co op starter and the whole young flock got back right within the next week. No mo duless feed for me

Back
Top Bottom