Arkansas folks speak up.........

HELLO, I LIVE IN MOUNT VERNON I HAVE CHICKENS GUINEA'S, A PEACOCK,LOOKING FOR A PEAHEN,A HORSE AND DOGS,I WAS RAISED IN ARKANSAS AND LOVE IT HER,IT'S HOME

Hello, and
welcome-byc.gif
, and especially the Arkansas Thread, from Mabelvale.

Had a good hatch this time around.

17 Black Jersey Giants
4 Marans (only set 6)
6 Naked Neck
7 Oliver Eggers
11 Light Brahmas

There were a few more that hatched out late this afternoon and still wet so I'll pull them out tomorrow and get my final count.
Next setting will be Thursday 3-27-2014 for Easter chicks.

I'm in the NW corner of the state; we are raising seramas right now but used to have a lot of other poultry, just had to downsize.  Currently in the market to buy some birds or hatching eggs from some good quality birds.

I live In Rogers and have been thinking of getting Seramas as house chickens. Would they integrate into a flock of full size chickens if my hubby doesn't feel the same? Have any for sale?

Had a good hatch this time around.

17 Black Jersey Giants
4 Marans (only set 6)
6 Naked Neck
7 Oliver Eggers
11 Light Brahmas

There were a few more that hatched out late this afternoon and still wet so I'll pull them out tomorrow and get my final count.
Next setting will be Thursday 3-27-2014 for Easter chicks.

Final count: 49 out 60. 81.6 % hatch rate. 2 more Naked Necks and 1 more Marans (Splash this time).

I live In Rogers and have been thinking of getting Seramas as house chickens. Would they integrate into a flock of full size chickens if my hubby doesn't feel the same? Have any for sale?
Wouldn't put a chicken in the house, sorry too nasty. ~~I will add though that I have put babies in the house for just a day or two if they needed a special start, but that is very rare with me.

Last edited:
WE still have Buff, Black and Blue Orpingtons large fowl and Buff and Black Orpington Bantams. Plus Buff Wyandotte Bantams. Jahdan added Australorps last year and Barred Plymouth Rock Bantams this year.

He also has added the following after hatching some UofA eggs: Buttercup, Light/Coronation Sussex, Delaware, Salmon Faverolle, Silver Spangled Hamburg, Silver Phoenix, white Silkies, and some Buff Minorcas for me.

Here are some photos of our visit to the University of Arkansas (UofA) back in December. Jahdan and I were excited to actually go inside the Heritage breeds barn and see the breeding stock.

The I-540 tunnel leaving Fayetteville heading south to home.

The main office of the UofA Poultry Research Farm.

Jahdan at the main office of the UofA Poultry Research Farm.

Part of the UofA Poultry Research Farm.

The breeding barns at the UofA Poultry Research Farm.

Warning signs at the breeding barns at the UofA Poultry Research Farm.

Jahdan and the Silver Spangled Hamburgs.

Jahdan and the Light Brown Leghorns. These Leghorns carry the blue egg gene!

Buff Minorcas at the UofA Poultry Research Farm.

White Faced Black Spanish at the UofA Poultry Research Farm.

The hatchery and office at the UofA Poultry Research Farm.

The egg room door .... at the UofA Poultry Research Farm.

Did not see any quail, but seen the evidence inside the egg room at the UofA Poultry Research Farm.

The 2014 breeds list at the UofA Poultry Research Farm.

Back
Top Bottom