Arkansas folks speak up.........

I bought two from a person in De Queen earlier this year for $20/chick. Turns out I got a pullet and a cockerel. If you're interested, I can see if I can find her contact.

They are pretty, I'm still waiting on my rooster to get his true colors in before I get a hen. That way I know what colors to look for. This is what he looks like so far, not sure of the age. Was told he is about 4 months.

He's pretty. I have a fondness for the Buff Laced and Golden Laced, though I don't have any right now. I had a Golden Laced that was a total SPAZ, so I sold her. She didn't like to free range, and she REALLY doesn't like people, but she was SO pretty. All of the Polish I had raised from chicks were much sweeter and less spastic. I don't trust buying older Polish any more. My favorite Polish of all time was a Golden Laced named Labelle. She was so sweet, goofy, and just wonderful. Sadly, something got her. I never caught what it was, but I suspect a fox.

Sorry to hear about the flooding in your area. Our garden is doing horribly, but I suspect it's my husband's lack of regard for rotating plants, but I won't say anything.
duc.gif

I have looked up the candy corn, he doesn't look anything like them right now. But someone said he may have some crele (spelling) in him. I'm not sure, I'm all new to the polish breed. So I'm learning as I go with this one. He is a sweet heart, and I can go in and pet him and catch him without a problem. I got him back in March as a little chick, along with his three Blue Laced Red Wyandotte hens. Both my daughter and I would handle them everyday several times a day. I'm sorry to hear about your Labelle, its hard losing any chicken. I have had two put down two of my hens, one broke her leg and the other had a yolk bust inside. It was to late for her by the time we discovered it.

The flooding sure insures the county hands that they have a job that needs to be done. We rotate our plants every year, which really seems to help. My husband put on a whole 16 ft trailer load of chicken litter on the garden this year, talk about somethings taking off like crazy. While other things, are having a hard time trying to start. For some reason our cucumber plants have been getting spots on their leaves right as they get about 3 inches tall, and they start dying off. We have never had this problem with them before, by now we should have been getting cucumbers off the vines. I have learned to not argue with men, unless you know for sure that your right and you can prove it.

I have looked up the candy corn, he doesn't look anything like them right now. But someone said he may have some crele (spelling) in him. I'm not sure, I'm all new to the polish breed. So I'm learning as I go with this one. He is a sweet heart, and I can go in and pet him and catch him without a problem. I got him back in March as a little chick, along with his three Blue Laced Red Wyandotte hens. Both my daughter and I would handle them everyday several times a day. I'm sorry to hear about your Labelle, its hard losing any chicken. I have had two put down two of my hens, one broke her leg and the other had a yolk bust inside. It was to late for her by the time we discovered it.

The flooding sure insures the county hands that they have a job that needs to be done. We rotate our plants every year, which really seems to help. My husband put on a whole 16 ft trailer load of chicken litter on the garden this year, talk about somethings taking off like crazy. While other things, are having a hard time trying to start. For some reason our cucumber plants have been getting spots on their leaves right as they get about 3 inches tall, and they start dying off. We have never had this problem with them before, by now we should have been getting cucumbers off the vines. I have learned to not argue with men, unless you know for sure that your right and you can prove it.
You're right, I don't think he's a candy corn (also called Tolbunt
wink.png
), but the Creles are VERY cool. You could probably get away with breeding him to the Buff Laced or Crele varieties and get really pretty results.

It is hard to lose chickens. I have lost several over the last couple of years, and it's hard to lose them, especially the favorites.

Arguing proves pointless most of the time. At least with my DH, he is ALWAYS right, paying no mind that he USUALLY is, just never tell him I said that or all I have worked for will be lost.
lol.png
Oh, yes. I bought a book about gardening for us to read and look over for future planting. He glanced at it and said, "Okay." So much for getting him to research it. LOL

You're right, I don't think he's a candy corn (also called Tolbunt
wink.png
), but the Creles are VERY cool. You could probably get away with breeding him to the Buff Laced or Crele varieties and get really pretty results.

It is hard to lose chickens. I have lost several over the last couple of years, and it's hard to lose them, especially the favorites.

Arguing proves pointless most of the time. At least with my DH, he is ALWAYS right, paying no mind that he USUALLY is, just never tell him I said that or all I have worked for will be lost.
lol.png
Oh, yes. I bought a book about gardening for us to read and look over for future planting. He glanced at it and said, "Okay." So much for getting him to research it. LOL
I may have to get a Crele hen, but its so hard to know which ones are the crele when they are young. I know what my boy looked like when I first got him.

Tell me about it, there are times it is pointless to argue with them at times. Lol, tell me about it. Whenever I get a book and try to show my husband something, he just says, "Yup."

Back
Top Bottom