Arkansas folks speak up.........

I am hosting a Llama Play Day in Ozark on May 7th.  If any of you folks know people with llamas, please pass the info. on.  There is not a strong llama community in Arkansas and we are trying to change that.  Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/events/465024793694384/

This facebook link has more info.

I used to pass the llamas on Puddin Ridge every day, now I pass them every day on the corner of 96 and 23. Sooooo cute!

So quick question... I'll be getting 1 day old chicks tomorrow (6 of them) but April 13th I'll be getting 16 mailed to me. How do you go about introducing the new chicks with the old chicks? Shroud I move the older chicks to the coop (they will the start of my flock, no other chickens in the coop) and put new chicks in the browser box... Or should I put them in althe brooder box together... I just don't want them to get hurt by the bigger chicks but I also don't want to trasnfer the older chicks to the coop and later when I introduce the new chicks to the coop to get picked on... What should I do

So quick question... I'll be getting 1 day old chicks tomorrow (6 of them) but April 13th I'll be getting 16 mailed to me. How do you go about introducing the new chicks with the old chicks? Shroud I move the older chicks to the coop (they will the start of my flock, no other chickens in the coop) and put new chicks in the browser box... Or should I put them in althe brooder box together... I just don't want them to get hurt by the bigger chicks but I also don't want to trasnfer the older chicks to the coop and later when I introduce the new chicks to the coop to get picked on... What should I do

Chicks that far apart need to be separated. The bigger ones will crush the younger littler ones.

You'll just have to introduce them at a later date when the younger ones are bigger.

There will be squabbles but it will get worked out

I used to pass the llamas on Puddin Ridge every day, now I pass them every day on the corner of 96 and 23. Sooooo cute!

big_smile.png
That's me on Puddin Ridge.
Chicks that far apart need to be separated. The bigger ones will crush the younger littler ones.

You'll just have to introduce them at a later date when the younger ones are bigger.

There will be squabbles but it will get worked out
thumbsup.gif
Make sure that the "older" ones are fully feathered before you send them out. With that amount of separation, depending on the weather in April, they will probably be pretty close.

I looked in most all the lists here an seen only a few folks from AR I know there must be more around .....I am in west central not to far from a place called Mena ........anyone else around???just so y'all will be able to put a face to the person
startedwithbeardFB1.jpg

Hello from Conway, AR!

Adorable! Would you be interested in selling a few pullets, perhaps two?

Out of the nine chicks I got, I'll probably only have 4 or so pullets, so I won't have enough.. Yet.

Once they start laying (which I am very anxious for), I'll start hatching those.

So, yes, eventually I'll have some to sell.. Unfortunately it will be near the end of the year, at least fall probably.

:D   That's me on Puddin Ridge.
:thumbsup   Make sure that the "older" ones are fully feathered before you send them out.  With that amount of separation, depending on the weather in April, they will probably be pretty close.

Haha, how neat. I know exactly where you are! We dubbed it the Puddin Ridge castle, dragon included.

I guess your name should've given it away.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom