Arkansas folks speak up.........

Good news and bad.. I had a brrody with a great hatch. The eggs are from my flock so they are mongrals.. I had bought 20 of those bovens out of egg farms.My cousin waa suppose to help me get them but at the last minute, have me the money for 80 so i gor them and took his to him. I sold all but 4. My cousin wanted more. I set it up, he agreed to bring his trailer and help.. He didnt at the last minute.
I still have most of the 80. Chris ran out on my load.. He is a good guy.
I bought some Maran eggs and incubated them paying $1 per hatched chick. If i had it to do over.. i would have just bought chicks.
I have been dealing with sick ones constantly latlety. Primary the babies but some adults too.
I tag the ones i treat because i dont feel comfortable selling them..
Anyway my momma hen hatch 12 out of 16 eggs and i gave her 7 out of the incubator. Its worked out so far for her.

Good news and bad.. I had a brrody with a great hatch. The eggs are from my flock so they are mongrals.. I had bought 20 of those bovens out of egg farms.My cousin waa suppose to help me get them but at the last minute, have me the money for 80 so i gor them and took his to him. I sold all but 4. My cousin wanted more. I set it up, he agreed to bring his trailer and help.. He didnt at the last minute.
I still have most of the 80. Chris ran out on my load.. He is a good guy.
I bought some Maran eggs and incubated them paying $1 per hatched chick. If i had it to do over.. i would have just bought chicks.
I have been dealing with sick ones constantly latlety. Primary the babies but some adults too.
I tag the ones i treat because i dont feel comfortable selling them..
Anyway my momma hen hatch 12 out of 16 eggs and i gave her 7 out of the incubator. Its worked out so far for her.

Sorry you're having problems. Hoping they will get better.

Anyone in Lake City or Jonesboro area?

I'm sure there is someone on here around that area.

Welcome to BYC.

Anyone need some bigger roosters? I've got a few I need to get rid of
Well, I am hoping that at least one of my chicks turns out to be a roo. One of the few times I am hoping for one. That either means they will all be boys or none of them will be!
he.gif

Hello from West Fork(from Fayetteville), I'm new to the group. My Husband surprised me with 12 baby chicks about 2 weeks ago, so trying to learn all I can. Joined BYC yesterday & was directed to this link. I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions!

Hello from West Fork(from Fayetteville), I'm new to the group. My Husband surprised me with 12 baby chicks about 2 weeks ago, so trying to learn all I can. Joined BYC yesterday & was directed to this link. I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions!
Welcome from Ozark! Ask away! We got started 5 years ago when my daughter signed up for 4-H pullet chain. She has out grown the chickens but I haven't! I have 8 babies on the ground from a surrogate broody.

Back
Top Bottom