Arkansas folks speak up.........

Is anyone in the Russellville area raising Marans or Welsummers. We have four varieties of the Marans, all young birds along with a nice flock of young Welsummers and even some Americaunas. Planning to start selling hatching eggs this fall if the birds cooperate.

Last edited:
Quote:
http://www.monticellolive.com/blanche-lincoln-meets-with-4-h-poultry-club-president/

Lincoln meets with 4-H Poultry Club President

June 3rd, 2010

Tuesday morning, Brenae Hall, president of the Drew County 4-H Poultry Club met and spoke with Senator Blanche Lincoln, about a new US Fish and Game regulation (CFR 21.54) that makes it illegal to propagate Muscovy Ducks.

Brenae is the daughter of Jim and Catherine Hall of Monticello and is an incoming 7th grader at Monticello Middle School.

31018_chickens_228.jpg
I went out in the heat today and took a few new pictures and thought I would try to post them.
31018_chickens_224.jpg
31018_chickens_230.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks,the bottom male is one of my brood cocks.The upper male is actually only 8 months old.He is one of my older cockerels.

Quick question...

Does anyone know of any good lakes to fish at in NW Arkansas that DON'T require a daily permit to fish there? We have state licenses, but find it ridiculous that we have to pay a daily fee to fish for an hour or so in a state lake...which is why we purchased the licenses.

A lot of state parks that have restrooms and running water utilities do require a daily use fee (whether or not you fish) to upkeep the services.

We have a lake near us that has no fees, but there is little or no trash service, no utilities, and there are only stinky porta potties if you need to go.
hu.gif

Hope all Arkies down around Cado Gap are safe today aftter the crazy weather last night. For those of you who dont know, south of Lake Ouchita, they received over 7 inches of rain last night-early morning. There have already been 16 confirmed deaths, and 40 feared missing, from the flooding of the Caddo and Little Missouri River when they flooded the camp grounds at Albert Pike Rec area. Please keep these families in your prayers. River levels were at 3 foot at midnight last night...early this morning they were at 23.93

More can be read on the story here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100611/ap_on_re_us/us_arkansas_flooding

Back
Top Bottom