Arkansas folks speak up.........

We are in the central Ar area, Dover. We have a few different varieties of birds. We are looking into Black Copper Marans. Anyone know of anyone in the Arkansas area? www.team_metzer@yahoo.com

If you all want to drive to the Centerton auction today at 1pm it might be worth the trip. Banjoejoe from OK is bring a hugh number of young birds from 3 to 6 months old. He has around 30 different breeds. See you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since we lost our chicks (brooder got tipped, older chickens got them
sad.png
) I'd like to get more chickens a different route. Where are good sources for older chickens in north central Arkansas (Mtn. Home)?

Off to the North, I can see this dark blue sky coming towards me. Could that be rain. It hasn't rained at this place since July 2. And that was only 1/4 inch. The grass is all brown and crispy.

We went on a pig hunt a few days ago and the trees are already dropping their leaves. You could see a long way. Saw a nice buck and one lone pig. I missed
sad.png
the pig. My first time to miss. I'm sure it was the guns fault. Anyway, we got two pigs that morning.

Chickies are doing good. Lost one to the heat. Others are molting and still laying good despite the heat. I'm ready for nice cool weather and lots of rain. Wouldn't mine sticking my feet in some mud. Going to a small county fair in a week. The 4 I'm taking are looking good. Feathers could be better. A least the boy will have some fun. Thinking about getting a show calf for a 4 H project.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom