Arkansas folks speak up.........

Lavender Orphingtons & bigger Royal Palm flock.
thumbsup.gif

Did anyone else see the articles in today's Homestyle section of the Arkansas Democrat Gazette? Joannie Mashburn of Little Rock got some nice photos, BYC was mentioned as a good source for information, and just a lot of newspaper column space for backyard chickens.

Here is a link if anyone can read it. Sometimes with this required subscription thing, you can't always read them.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2011/sep/10/new-brood-20110910/

Last edited:
I ordered a dozen eggs from a private breeder in W Va. Supposedly the 5th generation they have raised of Lavenders. I'll be looking to add to mine too, since only 3 hatched. I had a broody turk that makes the best mom, so I slipped them under her.

Can someone explain to me what a double show is? I know its 2 show. Are they on the same day? Is one on Saturday and another on Sunday?

I was going to enter my boys birds in the Junior show in Fayetteville. Its says the Junior show is not a double show. So we can leave after the awards are given out. Is this right.

In a double show all the chickens are judged independently by two different judges. Neither one knows how the other one is placing the entries. they usually finish about the same time.I think the junior show might have its own judge too.

Back
Top Bottom