Aspiring Chicken Poppy

VTChickenPoppy

In the Brooder
Apr 28, 2023
Greetings, BYC-ers!

JD here. I am going to be (finally) retiring and (finally) raising chickens starting some time in the next couple of years. We are in the process of purchasing land and building a (simple, net-zero) home in Vermont.

Hoping to get insights from anyone and everyone, but especially people in Vermont. As a "flatlander" I know I will never be considered a true Vermonter, but I have firmly believed for my entire life that Vermont is where I was meant to be. For whatever reasons, life took me in many different directions, until now! I am looking forward to being a member of a smaller, friendlier community, like my childhood.

We do not know what life will bring in terms of the level of chicken raising/farming we will do, but it could be anything from backyard laying hens to a small commercial operation involving pasture-raised laying hens and/or broilers. All insights welcome. Please reach out!

JD

Greetings, BYC-ers!

JD here. I am going to be (finally) retiring and (finally) raising chickens starting some time in the next couple of years. We are in the process of purchasing land and building a (simple, net-zero) home in Vermont.

Hoping to get insights from anyone and everyone, but especially people in Vermont. As a "flatlander" I know I will never be considered a true Vermonter, but I have firmly believed for my entire life that Vermont is where I was meant to be. For whatever reasons, life took me in many different directions, until now! I am looking forward to being a member of a smaller, friendlier community, like my childhood.

We do not know what life will bring in terms of the level of chicken raising/farming we will do, but it could be anything from backyard laying hens to a small commercial operation involving pasture-raised laying hens and/or broilers. All insights welcome. Please reach out!

JD
Welcome to BYC!!

Greetings, BYC-ers!

JD
Welcome to BYC "Poppy" ! I have a new fawn and white runner duck with that name, she is the cutest thing! Best to you establishing your dream homestead!

Back
Top Bottom