Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

First day out on the brown grass ;)

Last edited:
Hello friends
frow.gif

At the risk of sounding like a broken record .. work has once again caused me to play catch-up! 7 Pages / 70 Posts
caf.gif

Howdy Duckchelor93. Welcome to the thread; sorry, I am not able to assist with the duck question.

satay I am cringing reading about all those shopping centre visits; I would probably have been locked up for punching someone .. having to deal with so many people in so many shopping centres in one day would have caused me to break
rant.gif

Love the bubby pics; they are so so cute! I have the same little coop and run that I used for Blondie to brood in; for the price, it is a handy little thing and now sitting in the shed, in case of emergencies. It makes a good sick bay also.

K Spot Yep, the white one looks Frizzled to me also … woo hoo, the world needs more Frizzles!

Beautiful little bubs!

Hey Fancy I have been keeping an eye on your weather and had a chuckle yesterday when they were reporting snow at the beaches!!!

As always, absolutely beautiful pictures. Piglet in gum boots is adorable!

Howdy Pugg and welcome to the thread; nice to meet you and I love your avatar!

Sam lols at “ROFL I wanna see the chooks huddled around the fire place in their big red coop!” Congrats on the eggs. Finned bubbies are nearly as cute as fluffy ones
wink.png

cwrite
congrats on the 7 egg day!

Deej211 Congrats on your new arrivals and good luck with the hatch. Yep, if it was me I would be selling the Polish; she had her chance.

Your new girl is beautiful!

ChrisieB I believe there is nothing nicer than chickens pecking away on beautiful green grass; great pics!

Glad to hear you are getting some help around the place. Good luck with the hatch.

appps they are beautiful trees; sorry to read they have to go.

News from Bambrook Bantams:

No more pink urates since the one on the weekend.

I was working on site yesterday and when I got home hubby mentioned that KiKi had been making “gunna lay egg; gunna lay egg” noises but that she could just have been mimicking Cilla aka Nike .. Just Do It!! Someone had also been scratching around in the white nest box that the big girls do not use and is in a different part of the coop to their nest boxes. No baby eggs anywhere though. At this point I am thinking KiKi is probably going to beat her sister to the first egg.

Anyways, today I saw Crystal snuggled down in the white nest box and she looked serious … 30 minutes later, she was singing at the top of her voice which got the rest of the flock singing; it was like they were all celebrating with her … I am so super excited for my little girl who is 20 weeks and 3 days old
celebrate.gif

May I present Crystal’s first egg ………..

Hello friends :frow At the risk of sounding like a broken record .. work has once again caused me to play catch-up! 7 Pages / 70 Posts :caf Howdy Duckchelor93. Welcome to the thread; sorry, I am not able to assist with the duck question. satay I am cringing reading about all those shopping centre visits; I would probably have been locked up for punching someone .. having to deal with so many people in so many shopping centres in one day would have caused me to break :rant Love the bubby pics; they are so so cute! I have the same little coop and run that I used for Blondie to brood in; for the price, it is a handy little thing and now sitting in the shed, in case of emergencies. It makes a good sick bay also. K Spot Yep, the white one looks Frizzled to me also … woo hoo, the world needs more Frizzles! Beautiful little bubs! Hey Fancy I have been keeping an eye on your weather and had a chuckle yesterday when they were reporting snow at the beaches!!! As always, absolutely beautiful pictures. Piglet in gum boots is adorable! Howdy Pugg and welcome to the thread; nice to meet you and I love your avatar! Sam lols at “ROFL I wanna see the chooks huddled around the fire place in their big red coop! ” Congrats on the eggs. Finned bubbies are nearly as cute as fluffy ones ;) cwrite congrats on the 7 egg day! Deej211 Congrats on your new arrivals and good luck with the hatch. Yep, if it was me I would be selling the Polish; she had her chance. Your new girl is beautiful! ChrisieB I believe there is nothing nicer than chickens pecking away on beautiful green grass; great pics! Glad to hear you are getting some help around the place. Good luck with the hatch. appps they are beautiful trees; sorry to read they have to go. News from Bambrook Bantams: No more pink urates since the one on the weekend. I was working on site yesterday and when I got home hubby mentioned that KiKi had been making “gunna lay egg; gunna lay egg” noises but that she could just have been mimicking Cilla aka Nike .. Just Do It!! Someone had also been scratching around in the white nest box that the big girls do not use and is in a different part of the coop to their nest boxes. No baby eggs anywhere though. At this point I am thinking KiKi is probably going to beat her sister to the first egg. Anyways, today I saw Crystal snuggled down in the white nest box and she looked serious … 30 minutes later, she was singing at the top of her voice which got the rest of the flock singing; it was like they were all celebrating with her … I am so super excited for my little girl who is 20 weeks and 3 days old :celebrate May I present Crystal’s first egg ………..
:celebrate Congrats on the new egg :weee On the cage front. I actually have 4 of them. My dad used to breed quails and isn't now so he gave me his cages. I have so many cages here and still at times I run out of space .:oops:

The dog has killed again, my beloved Isa brown Sheena. He's going back to the pound. My heart is broken on so many levels

Kleonpatra ... that is such awful news, and I am sorry for your loss - of both your beautiful hen, .... and the dog.

Satay mentions she had her dog do that when 'he was ' younger ' ... and when young, they can be taught NO, or just grow out of it as they mature. ... An older dog ( from what I understand ), once 'blooded' will not stop the ' chase and kill ' ... I am gathering you got your dog from a rescue situation ( you mention 'back to the pound' ) .... so I am presuming a lot here.

Not that my advice will make you feel much better about anything at this time. ... such a very sad situation, and I am sure we all understand how broken hearted you feel.

Sending all good wishes to you ....

hugs.gif

He is between 2 and 4. We got him from the pound in February to protect us from foxes. There ate developments going up around us and we are getting starving foxes on our doorsteps. In that regard, he may have saved half the flock. He was always bad with the birds, chasing horses. When he killed my beloved drake Wist, I thought it was just an accident and was prepared to see it as such. After that he was so good. No chasing, no nothing. He was awesome, but still chasing horses. So after today I just cant take any more chances. Sheena was such a sweet gentle girl she was so lovely always wanting pats. Her best friend Shiela is very upset. So yes. I've lost a duck a chicken a dog a ton of money effort and time. Everyone said get rid of him the first time but I really thought he could come through it. I'm so sad.

Back
Top Bottom