Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

I agree with you about the winds. They have been blowing a gale and so icy out here since Saturday afternoon. I can hear them howling outside still as I type. Did you see Toowoombas temps yesterday, overnight temp was 9c with a max of 10c.. Glad i wasn't there.

satay - - - Icy in Esk ? I would think that is unheard of before ?

We've had overnight minus ° in Vic recently. Here in Upwey 3° o/night. .... this week coming, mostly 10° during the daytime, plus 1 x 11 and 1 x 12 - lowest overnight will be 4° - all others 5 and 6. Rain predicted every day, with some winds. Poor chookies become caged birds for a week ( sort of ) .... plenty of coop room, but lots of boredom. Just wish that front had not moved south so viciously, messing everything up in NSW as well. Now we are for it.

We get Antarctic generated fronts which Fancy would know very well, too. A tad chilly in Tasmania. Here and in Tassie, winds are bone chilling.

My son Craig who is at Mawson Station in Antarctica - due home in December - has reported many blizzards recently - at least one a week + ..... far more than Davis base gets. 8 a.m. yesterday it was minus 25° at Mawson, .... will get colder as the winter progresses. Out on the ice plateaus there, it can get to minus 45° or lower, which Craig has experienced while at Davis. Took off his helmet and face covering for a few seconds for a selfie - everything ices up, including the eyelids which can freeze together. This pic was taken out near a hut on the plateau. Temp at the time .... minus 43° ..... amazes me that cameras still work in those conditions. ( have hundreds of pix saved ).

and Craig vaporising a cup of hot water thrown in the air - to form an 'angels wing' ( ??? ). Temp - minus 28°.

Just thought you all might be interested, considering the idiot weather we are all experiencing, one way or another.

Take care everyone, especially on icy roads and in slippery, slick mud. Darned near as dangerous as black ice, is the mud.

Cheers .......

I think there may have been seabright in our last auction here. I'll see if any are at the show here in a few weeks

sjturner79

thank you for the info. Seabrights have gone onto my ever increasing list of "I wants" .... if EVER we get the chicken wrangle sorted - for more chickens.

Will be interested to know if more Seabrights are shown.

Can't even think about more shuffling about, new coops and runs etc., until Sonya has graduated from here, sometime early next year, and returns for intensive training
with the assistance guide programme she is in.

p.s. - anyone wanna puppy ? Only joking, she is like the little girl who had a little curl. When good is very very good, when bad is horrid. !!
big_smile.png
/
he.gif

Cheers .....

Last edited:
satay - - - Icy in Esk ? I would think that is unheard of before ?

We've had overnight minus ° in Vic recently. Here in Upwey 3° o/night. .... this week coming, mostly 10° during the daytime, plus 1 x 11 and 1 x 12 - lowest overnight will be 4° - all others 5 and 6. Rain predicted every day, with some winds. Poor chookies become caged birds for a week ( sort of ) .... plenty of coop room, but lots of boredom. Just wish that front had not moved south so viciously, messing everything up in NSW as well. Now we are for it.

We get Antarctic generated fronts which Fancy would know very well, too. A tad chilly in Tasmania. Here and in Tassie, winds are bone chilling.

My son Craig who is at Mawson Station in Antarctica - due home in December - has reported many blizzards recently - at least one a week + ..... far more than Davis base gets. 8 a.m. yesterday it was minus 25° at Mawson, .... will get colder as the winter progresses. Out on the ice plateaus there, it can get to minus 45° or lower, which Craig has experienced while at Davis. Took off his helmet and face covering for a few seconds for a selfie - everything ices up, including the eyelids which can freeze together. This pic was taken out near a hut on the plateau. Temp at the time .... minus 43° ..... amazes me that cameras still work in those conditions. ( have hundreds of pix saved ).

and Craig vaporising a cup of hot water thrown in the air - to form an 'angels wing' ( ??? ). Temp - minus 28°.

Just thought you all might be interested, considering the idiot weather we are all experiencing, one way or another.

Take care everyone, especially on icy roads and in slippery, slick mud. Darned near as dangerous as black ice, is the mud.

Cheers .......
Wow it looks soooo coooold. I love the photos. Not for me. I think in Perth we mostly have great weather, though a bit more rain wouldn't go astray. It's raining now but only short bursts.

Sorry anni i meant icy cold winds. If there was actual ice id be moving to Darwin
1f606.png
we can get into the minuses overnight this time of year. Top temp today was 15.5c..with a feels like temp of 8c.

Last edited:
Sorry anni i meant icy cold winds. If there was actual ice id be moving to Darwin
1f606.png
we can get into the minuses overnight this time of year. Top temp today was 15.5c..with a feels like temp of 8c.

Our minimum overnight was 14 , max today 17 feels like Qld . :D wish the rain would go away. :rolleyes: . It's colder inside the house than outside, my windows are crying .

satay - - - Icy in Esk ? I would think that is unheard of before ? We've had overnight minus ° in Vic recently. Here in Upwey 3° o/night. .... this week coming, mostly 10° during the daytime, plus 1 x 11 and 1 x 12 - lowest overnight will be 4° - all others 5 and 6. Rain predicted every day, with some winds. Poor chookies become caged birds for a week ( sort of ) .... plenty of coop room, but lots of boredom. Just wish that front had not moved south so viciously, messing everything up in NSW as well. Now we are for it. We get Antarctic generated fronts which Fancy would know very well, too. A tad chilly in Tasmania. Here and in Tassie, winds are bone chilling. My son Craig who is at Mawson Station in Antarctica - due home in December - has reported many blizzards recently - at least one a week + ..... far more than Davis base gets. 8 a.m. yesterday it was minus 25° at Mawson, .... will get colder as the winter progresses. Out on the ice plateaus there, it can get to minus 45° or lower, which Craig has experienced while at Davis. Took off his helmet and face covering for a few seconds for a selfie - everything ices up, including the eyelids which can freeze together. This pic was taken out near a hut on the plateau. Temp at the time .... minus 43° ..... amazes me that cameras still work in those conditions. ( have hundreds of pix saved ). and Craig vaporising a cup of hot water thrown in the air - to form an 'angels wing' ( ??? ). Temp - minus 28°. Just thought you all might be interested, considering the idiot weather we are all experiencing, one way or another. Take care everyone, especially on icy roads and in slippery, slick mud. Darned near as dangerous as black ice, is the mud. Cheers .......
Thanks for sharing. Super cool pics.

Back
Top Bottom