Australians - Where are you all????

hey
i'm from the sunshine coast in queensland.
hmm theres not many aussies on this site, is there!
i find it quite funny how not many people know much about australia!
i had a freind once tell me how her cousins (i think they were from america)asked her what it was like in australia and if we really walked on our hands (cos we're down the bottom of the world, sort of) and rode kangaroos to school
hmm.png
(ooooooookkkkkkkk)
kezabel i don't like eating kangaroo and things either it just feels wrong but i have had it once when i was a kid:(.
: D chicken i have never eaten a honey ant, i couldn't bring myself to do it. the poor little ant
sad.png

Last edited:
To be honest I had never heard of Tasmania prior to meeting my wife, and then my thoughts were somewhere in Africa!
3 degrees here today. Bit chilly. only 1 egg from the four ladies.

Hi All,

I'm a south Aussie living in Ohio - and all this talk of vegemite and drop bears is making me awful homesick!

New to chickens and loving it!

Tracey

Hello to all the Aussie's, I was starting to think I was the only one here.

Our Tassie Devils eat the drop bears bones and all for smoko. We have lost about 4 Hens and a large rooster to one. I went out one night to rescue our hen pecked Australorp (All Sorts) that wouldn't go into the coop only to find she was being attacked by a devil. I chased it off with a golf club, gosh they make some scary noises. All Sorts has recovered and been accepted back into the flock.

Haggis whereabouts are you in Hobart, we are down just outside of Woodbridge? You are not involved in football down here by any chance?

Cheers, Dalles.

HEY AUSSIES!

I'm in SA and have had my small flock for a couple of months now. Had chickens when I was little and always loved the silly birds. I was really happy to discover that they're something you can keep in a suburban backyard.

Sorry to say Metanoia but you don't get this response on the Aussie sites. that's why I am here, I switch back for the adds(almost like the idiot box) but come here for the meaty conversations.

Quote:
I live about 50 miles from launceston, cornwall UK!! Weve got an Wallaby, emu and camel sanctuary near by at the LIZARD (yes its a place, its the most southerly point in the uk ) I think! ODD cluster of aminals just need a few chooks and they'd be right on. Its bleedin cold down there though and bloody windy to boot, I cant imagine that the wallabys, emu and camels think that they've been saved!!
gig.gif

Hey all,
Sydney Australia here, Penrith to be exact

5 hens, 2 RIR, 2 Browns, 1 australorp
Looking at getting a plymouth rock soon.

Nice to see some other aussies here...

Back
Top Bottom