Australians - Where are you all????

Pics
Wooklet- they should be fawn like their mother- but I will post some more photos when they are a little bigger. I have 10 hatched form that lot all up..I think.. Maybe there was more. I havent actually counted them- as I dont think I really need to know just how many babies I do have at the moment.

I am actually going up to the block tomorrow. Today I have had a huge clean up - A complete overhaul of the night pens- mowed the lawns- so plenty of lawn clippings- and cleaned up down the side of the house where I have been dumping all the lawn clippings for the last year. The whole tray of the ute is filled with bags of garden waste that I will put in the gulley up there to try to fill in spaces where it is eroding. I can only imagine how much of the gulley was washed away in the rain - and expect there to still be water in some parts. AS long as the shed isnt wet inside I will be happy - but I know there will be something I need to fix up there. Flying over Victoria last Saturday was enough to scare me about what I might see when I get there. My place is just a weekender- there are thousands that are homeless, so I cant complain about a bit of moldy carpet or something at the shed.

No more Polish? Oh well - we all have to make choices at times to make sure we are concentration on the things that are most important to us. I would have about 10 breeds if I had the space - but most of them would just be for the sake of having them- but I would have one main one to concentrate on. I am very thankful for the ones I have here. I am pretty sure now both the white are females. Only the blue fellow has wattles appearing...so fingers crossed there.

Satay and Annabella, You are both very lucky- to be so close and not suffered the damage and devastations so many others have. I have only seen it on TV- but you both were so close you must know people in your communities that have lost everything.

Yes i do know people that have lost everything. One stands out for me and that is 2 sisters that lived in Grantham. One is married with 4 small children and one is single. They lived next door to each other and when the wave of water came the hubby was not home so the 2 sisters were on the roofs of their houses with the small children for 6 hours til help could get to them. Lucky they were rescued but lost everything. There is not a small town around here that was not effected in some way. Some were minor and alot major. The whole area looks like the after effects of someone droppping a bomb i wreckon.

Does anbody in SEQLD have any rarer/fancier breeds/colours? I'm looking to expand my flock into something a bit prettier/fancier. Would love someone local.
smile.png

Quote:
It's so surreal - there's unhit places mixed entirely with completely wrecked places randomly over the landscape. You'll drive through one area and pretty clean happy and then two minutes later brown muddy destruction with everyone's lives on their lawns. Just houses away from each other.

So Sorry aout your friends. I had some that barely made it out as well.
hu.gif
g

Thank you . I know a few breeders that have great stock. Let me know what you are after and I'll see if i can be of help.

Last edited:
Had a drive through Victoria today. In Creswick and Clunes I saw houses with dump bins full out the front. Fences covered in bark and branches everywhere and a bridge damage everywhere. My block itself wasnt to bad. I lost about another 1 metre in areas of the gulley and the carpet in the shed is all wet and moldy. A few trees down on my place - one over a fence- so that will need fixing next time I go up. I couldnt drive onto my place at all. I will have to call the council and see if the service road is scheduled any time soon for fixing. Until then I have to park the car and walk 500 metres down to the shed.

Satay- mine are kind of just starting up again after molting. Its going to be hard turning off the incubator in two weeks when I am getting eggs again. But with 40ish ducklings 4 weeks and under by the time the last ones hatch- I would be crazy to not have a break for a little while.

You are the hatching god there Ducky thats for sure
thumbsup.gif
My incubators have been off since before christmas so it must be time for me to start them up again lol. Have some araucanas and some silver sussex getting ready to go in .

Last edited:
Quote:
Real Araucanas would be nice, haha. I also now need two golden pheasant hens, nice stock. I would also like some buff things, but I don't know what... heehee.
smile.png

Thank you.

My friend from Victoria just came up to help us with the floods. I'm so sorry about your area.
hugs.gif

I myself only have grey and white araucanas. I will ask around see what who else has what. Not sure what part of Brissy you are in but my hubby works on the southside so i could always get him to take eggs down if I can find you a breeder out this way. If you ever want any of my eggs let me know. I don't claim they are show quality but they are pretty good looking birds. If you are on farmstock have a look for John from Esk. he has some great show quality birds and sells many breeds. His postage is pretty expensive but i could pick them up for you and get hubby to bring them down if you find anything you want from him.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom