Avian influenza found in South Carolina

I didn't think that any goose could incubate that many eggs either, although there were other pairs that summer with more typical hatches of three to seven. And all those babies were apparently the same age, from the first.
IMG_0181.JPG

I didn't think that any goose could incubate that many eggs either, although there were other pairs that summer with more typical hatches of three to seven. And all those babies were apparently the same age, from the first.
View attachment 3081077
Whenever they kidnap other babies, they typically allow the parents to stay nearby, but definitely not close enough to interact or interfere. That's pretty incredible! The babies here are 2 sets and they're 3 days apart, so close but far enough apart for me to tell the difference. The youngest ones are a week old. They did lose one and I was extremely worried about that but now I highly suspect a hawk got it. They walk across the road every morning to get here and walk back before sunset each evening. They have snapping turtles in the lakes across the road so some type of predator is the more likely case than h5n1. Plus I did watch a hawk chase after a Mallard drake the same day. The drake got away but that's another reason why I'm thinking that way

Any idea when this was said? No doubt all of us are on board with wanting answers to your questions, of course.
I don't. Someone posted it on a local FB chicken group this morning. I was going to check the USDA website and see if I could find were it was posted. I'm assuming recently, but I also want to know when it was posted. Going to have to do some digging.

Not sure if this has been posted, but I'll post it again if so.

View attachment 3081667
How is this supposed to work? For how long? A couple months? All summer?
2015 it was west of the Mississippi and the last case was being of June. It's wider spread this time so might last longer. So basically until further notice 😢

Back
Top Bottom