Ayam Cemanis

rootandbloom

Chirping
Dec 16, 2023
I have 3 babies that just hatched. I'm keeping the first dozen but I'm wondering what to charge per chick after that? The parents are not SOP ie the roosters' combs are not perfect. But lots of people in my area want pet-quality for their flocks anyways. I see prices all over from $30-100/chick?

Price depends on supply and demand. All depends on your location as well. I recall a certain member had them in a southeastern state. I don't recall exactly, but know how to find it. It was a small town rural area. She was not able to push her AC at $10 each. Grown.:yesss: No one there wanted any. :idunno
I was excited one time of a possibility at $35 each.. That just did not come thru.
I did see some on Craig's list in my area. They were asking $100. For 4 week old chicks. They were available for a long time.... Seems like not flying off the shelves for that breeder. I am assuming those were closer to SOP. That price did not interest me at all.
I only keep chickens as pets,,,, and would LUV to have one or two hens. I would not be considering any above the $30,,,$35 price. Yes,, PET Quality.
My suggestion to you,,,, Price them at $50, and see how they sell for you.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:welcome

Price depends on supply and demand. All depends on your location as well. I recall a certain member had them in a southeastern state. I don't recall exactly, but know how to find it. It was a small town rural area. She was not able to push her AC at $10 each. Grown.:yesss: No one there wanted any. :idunno
I was excited one time of a possibility at $35 each.. That just did not come thru.
I did see some on Craig's list in my area. They were asking $100. For 4 week old chicks. They were available for a long time.... Seems like not flying off the shelves for that breeder. I am assuming those were closer to SOP. That price did not interest me at all.
I only keep chickens as pets,,,, and would LUV to have one or two hens. I would not be considering any above the $30,,,$35 price. Yes,, PET Quality.
My suggestion to you,,,, Price them at $50, and see how they sell for you.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:welcome
Thanks. I did sell the extra cockerels from my first batch for $30 each and all sold within the month. Most people here give roos away for free, of any breed. I think I will try day-old chicks $40/ea.

Back
Top Bottom