Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Ahh my 15 chicks are being sent out February 10th!!!! I ordered two or three each of several breeds. I CANT WAIT!!! I ordered them in November and have slowly been accumulating their brooder materials, I'm getting so impatient! My original two hens won't be happy to hear about the newbies!:p But they're always going to be my two babies:) <3

Glad you like them !!! As requested here are a few pics of them a little older..excuse there faces. they decided to kill each other earlier in the morning lucky we got there in time to break them up and separate for good....

Thanks very much! They really are beautiful birds.

I'd heard that the stags don't tolerate each other very well, or other roosters for that matter. I wondered if it was true because I would love to have some, but we don't have a way to keep them segregated from our other flock at present.

Thanks very much! They really are beautiful birds.

I'd heard that the stags don't tolerate each other very well, or other roosters for that matter. I wondered if it was true because I would love to have some, but we don't have a way to keep them segregated from our other flock at present.
What Flock do you have and what is the purpose of the flock? In general Gamefowl Stags and Cocks will not tolerate each other at all and will often fight to the death. A major factor that would play a huge part in this is where and who you get your Gamefowl from..My experience has taught me that alot of Gamefowl that have been bred for shows eg a beauty competition have lost alot of the gameness due to the show breeders selecting fowl for their looks and colors and the gameness gets lost over time..I have Birds like this and still today they free range together and get along fine ( they were raised from chicks together !!!!!!! )

Birds that are bred for Gameness and selected for that are total different story.. Stags must be separated at a young age i even Know a lady who breeds some of the best Spanish Gamefowl here in South Africa ( FOR SHOW ) has had hens kill each other..

if you want to add Gamefowl into your flock i would suggest putting Gamefowl eggs under one of the broody hens in the flock let her hatch a look after them and see wat happens...let nature take its course...

My first flock!!! 5 silkies and 2 buff orpington's

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, I have updated pics and wondering if someone can direct me towards someone (or a thread) knowledgeable in all things French Maran? I would love to know what these guys will look like when they are older

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, I have updated pics and wondering if someone can direct me towards someone (or a thread) knowledgeable in all things French Maran? I would love to know what these guys will look like when they are older
There's a Maran thread...serious breeders there can give you the lowdown.

Back
Top Bottom