Baby Chick

Chick momma 8069

Chirping
Feb 4, 2024
Hi new to the page. I have a 5 month old black australorp and 2 gold stars and one black star. I am new with being a chicken momma and have the best chicken so far my 5 month old named Boo. I named her this because when she was little she loved playing peak a boo so that’s how she got her name. My two gold stars are buttercup and fluffy. The black star is Oreo cause she looks just like a cookie. My fluffy today isn’t eating or drinking on her own so I have her in her own place with food and sugar water. I have been reading a lot today because fluffy also shows signs of pasty butt, so I have been doing a lot today which I don’t mind at all. But all she is doing is sleeping is that normal? I have been waking her up every 20-30 minutes to give sugar water and electrolytes through water, what should I been doing if not doing already and what are the signs she will pass away? For the pasty butt I soak her in like warm water for 5 minutes and gentle rub her with a cotton ball then dry her before putting her back into her inclosure, but what else can I do I feel hopeless about the whole thing. The other two are running around, eating, drinking and pecking the shavings lol but not fluffy. What else can I do? Thank you for any answers you may give.

Attachments

• IMG_1820.jpeg
    IMG_1820.jpeg
    400.1 KB · Views: 90
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

Sorry the little gal isn't quite right. :hugs Keep the heat off to one side, food and water on the cool side, and lay a thermometer on the floor directly beneath the heat source. It should be somewhere around 88F. There should also be a cool side of the brooder so they can cool off. Chicks can't yet regulate their internal temps. Make sure she knows where the food is by tapping with your finger on crumbles sprinkled on a paper towel next to the feeder. Dip beaks in the water so they know where that is too. Make sure her vent stays clean. You might also add probiotics to their water, change out the water daily if you do this. (Empty 1 human capsule in a quart waterer filled.) I hope she will be ok! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom