baby quail deniying to eat

I don't know if it will help but I usually make a mash for my new chicks. Mix water into the dry food so it's mushy. They seem to love that more than the dry feed when very young. I figure they are getting hydrated as well as fed when they eat it. The crumbled up egg yolk is also a good idea.

Also check to make sure they don't have pasty butt clogging them up.
I don't know if that happens to quail the same as chickens but it won't hurt to check.

I don't know if it will help but I usually make a mash for my new chicks. Mix water into the dry food so it's mushy. They seem to love that more than the dry feed when very young. I figure they are getting hydrated as well as fed when they eat it. The crumbled up egg yolk is also a good idea.

I don't know if that happens to quail the same as chickens but it won't hurt to check.
ill make a nother bowl to check, thank you a lot !

also, is there supposed to be a lot of feed in it or just a bit? like a lot of mushy feed?

You can make it thinner.

Did you try the egg yolk? I have a batch of 8 right now. One didn't seem to want to eat and wasn't motivated enough to jump in and eat with the rest of the group.

I did the hard boiled egg yolk and mashed it up. I took her out of the group so there was no competition and she ate it off my finger and then wanted more and ate it off a plate. I did that a couple of times and then she got her appetite going and was eating with the group.

Back
Top Bottom