BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Cochin doesn't know how to chicken. Just got my first Cochin after several years of no chickens. I got a little black 6-7 week old black pullet. Adorable sweet little poof ball. But she doesn't know how to chicken. Instead of dusting on dirt or grass, she dusts on carpet. I put her in the grass to Peck and be outside, she jumps in my lap and demands to be cuddled. She has no interest in anything.
LOL....the best type of chicken to have! people lovers!!!! Don't worry...her chickening skills will develop..LOL!!!!

Here's a pic of my new bantam cochin!!! Frizzled!!! Meet Razzy! P.S: Does anyone agree with me that he/she is a boy?
20170524_190744.jpg

Icewing was sitting on my shoulder and SHE ATE MY EARRING!!!! it was a post with a sparkly green stone/glass.

I can feel it in her crop.

Those were my favorite earrings too :(

I don't feel like separating her until I find it in her poop so... guess I'll get new ones.

... but what if another chicken comes along and finds it and eats it too???

Last edited:
I have a really weird question: can chickens blush? I have a white bantam Cochin and her skin on her face changes color! She will have regular yellow skin, then she seems to get all flushed and her skin turns bright red. Is this normal?? She acts fine..

Attachments

• 20170428_194347.jpg
    20170428_194347.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20170517_201148.jpg
    20170517_201148.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 2
I have a really weird question: can chickens blush? I have a white bantam Cochin and her skin on her face changes color! She will have regular yellow skin, then she seems to get all flushed and her skin turns bright red. Is this normal?? She acts fine..
Yes, it's normal, I feel like most chickens do that but it's easier to see on the white ones (I also have a white Cochin bantam and she does it too). I think whats happening is they are pale until they run or use energy for something then their face gets red? Or maybe they have control over it and are using it to show they are higher than someone else in the pecking order.

IMG_7418.JPG
Yes, it's normal, I feel like most chickens do that but it's easier to see on the white ones (I also have a white Cochin bantam and she does it too). I think whats happening is they are pale until they run or use energy for something then their face gets red? Or maybe they have control over it and are using it to show they are higher than someone else in the pecking order.
My Hope does too. I know later on egg laying effects that too but Hope is only 12 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom