Barnevelder anyone lets see them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluehenhatchery.com

Songster
11 Years
Nov 9, 2008
I would love to hear from other Barnevelder breaders here are some pics of mine.
18281_177414-r1-14-11_015.jpg

18281_177414-r1-19-6_020.jpg

Wow! They are very pretty. Don't look anything like my birds. The first pics are the clearest but they were in a molt so the birds look cruddy. But you can see their colors well. The last two or scanned from a printed image. I lost my originals to them....
sad.png

Pretty Boy and a few girls:

Prettyboynew.jpg

BarnevelderPairnew.jpg

PrettyBoy-1.jpg

Triple-lacedBarnevelderHen.jpg

As I hatched more of them I got lighter birds. That looked like yours. A few cockerels and pullets. But all of my originals were dark.

Like these:

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Barnev/BRKBarnev.html

Oh those silvers are to die for...
barnie.gif

Quote:
Where did you get your birds from?

Im working on blue laced barnevelders that should be fun some of my hens are dark and then some of them are lighter these pics where of real yound birds they got darker as they got older. what is your avitar pic of ?

18281_untitled.jpg

18281_138308-r1-23-24a_024.jpg

Last edited:
Not a breeder, but here is one of my two Barnevelder hens, in the background.
welsummer2.jpg

And I think the other one, who is a little darker, is in this picture:
PulletsJuly9.jpg

Hmm, they're both pullets in these shots. I need to get some more up to date pictures!!

Last edited:
Bluehenhatchery.com :

Quote:
Shes pretty nice welsummer in the front to

Thanks! I have two of each in my little flock.​

I put up some pics in the Australian "Backyard Poultry" forum, adding to pictures from member 'coopslave' in a similar thread to this one:
http://forum.backyardpoultry.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7967875

I too am surprised at how light Bluehenhatchery.com's birds are. It looks nice in the rooster but seems to be detrimental to the double-lacing in the female.

Chickndaddy's rooster is much darker and the hen has superb double-lacing right into the tail.

It's not easy to get nice and even double-lacing... (and good type ... and good head points ... and good egg colour ... and good productivity...)
roll.png

chook

I have only 2 hens and 2 roos at the moment from a breeder but I do have 20 chicks due in from a hatchery. Not the best way to get what we want but everyone knows how difficult it can be to obtain the Barnies.
I can't seem to find my photos at the moment. I'll have to search more. But they look more like your darker males and the hens are double laced.

Ah, found the photos.
I got a nice up close view of that beautiful lacing on the hens.

9332_barnie_lacing.jpg

I didn't get a good photo of the roos but I took these last summer and those boys are much nicer looking right now. They just finished out their molt and are glossy and gorgeous!

9332_no_not_my_pic.jpg

But aren't the girls just lovely? I love the lacing and the shine.

9332_sunny_barnie_hen.jpg

I plan on working on improving egg color but it will take a very long time here in the states.
This is the egg color I get now. Against a Barred Rock egg.

9332_rock_n_star_eggs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom