Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

I'm hoping to get some chicks from this guy by the first week in Jan

HUBBA HUBBA HUBBA !!!!!!!

droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

They are all beautiful Trisha...just beautiful, but you know I love me some blues. WoooooooEEEEEEEE Sister! Bring on the blues!
clap.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

I got some head shots and some lacing close up of the girls today. Tell me what you all think? Thanks!

Stephanie's lacing, my original Female
11170_stephanie_lacing_122011.jpg

Stephanie's head shot
11170_stephanie_head_shot_122011.jpg

Lacing and head of "Herself" #32 - 1st dtr. of Stephanie and Ugzzie boy.
11170_32_steph_and_ughz_1st_dtr_122011.jpg

Lacing on #2 Pullet hatched from this years eggs from Johan April 2011
11170_2_lacing_eggs_from_johan_pullet_hatched_492011_photo_122011.jpg

#2's head
11170_2_head_shot_122011.jpg

Stephanie and Ugzzie's second pullet from this year, lacing.
11170_lacing_on_steph_and_ugz_2nd_dtr_2011.jpg

Head shot
11170_head_shot_of_2nd_steph_pullet_2011.jpg

Quote:
Stephanie is beautiful:) You got some nice girls there
clap.gif
The last pullet has a tiny bit irregular lacing, but she looks really young. My blue pullet really cleaned up her lacing by the time she got her "big girl" feathers. So your pullet's lacing has a very good chance of clearing up to look like her sister maybe even after her first major moult.

Trisha

Thank you Trisha! and yes that last pullet is still pretty young. Will have to look in the records for her age. I think I hatched her not too long after #2 hatched.

You should see the size of the 2 females that just hatched on the 7th that came from #32 and Uggzie boy....they are huge.

Oh and remember that little tiny tiny little pullet that I hatched out a few months ago with the youngest pullet photo'd....she is still very small, the size of a bantam....well anyway, I got a very small cockerel out of this last hatch too, I mean small.

Is it normal for my large fowl to throw dwarfed or bantam sized birds? The pullet that I have kept that is very small is doing just fine...she is not at all like the dwarfism chicks or birds that I experienced with the Delawares that failed to thrive past 2 months old. This gal is a trooper and very much a part of the flock.
The only thing different about her, aside from her very small size is that she has incomplete lacing.

Last edited:
Ohhh.....Trisha? Anytime you have extra eggs from those blues that you don't want to hatch out....you just let me know, ok?????? I have no problems incubating them and growing them out and keeping in close contact with you about their progress....I'll even pay for their feed and stuff!!
wink.png
gig.gif

But seriously....WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE EXTRA EGGIES LADY????????????
lol.png
Not that I'm impatient or anything.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi Liz, Got this sittin gin my Inbox along with over 100 others and need to try to get SOME work done today so I can maybe make SOME money - so this has gotta be short. Just wanted to say it was good to see ya at the show and if you find out anything different about the purple coloring othre than what I told ya, please let me know. I'd love to learn as well.

God Bless,

Quote:
thanks for theinfo

i will keep that inmind forthefuture

righ now they are pets
hide.gif
, i have no experience with hunting or farming nooneinthe family or friends do this so its all a big learningcurve, i understand the need and whenthe timecomes i canonly hope i have the guts ( otherwise thevet !) to do the right thing asi understand the need,
i wouldlove to be able to have whatyou all have the experience andthe ability to raise and sell/ eat the chickens you have, i still have a long way to go yet.

i just getworried about waste asi feel so helpless atthe idea of it butmorethanhappy to accept a life islost when needed. and your experience willbe remembered as i amsure it is something i willneed todoin the future and this willbevery helpfull

I have ALWAYS liked this breed........some very nice photos and topics on here... Did I see some Silver Dbl. Laced Barnevelders somewhere on this thread? And what other color varieties are being raised..... I'm very curious..... and keep up the good work! Rusty
smile.png

Quote:
Hi Liz, Got this sittin gin my Inbox along with over 100 others and need to try to get SOME work done today so I can maybe make SOME money - so this has gotta be short. Just wanted to say it was good to see ya at the show and if you find out anything different about the purple coloring othre than what I told ya, please let me know. I'd love to learn as well.

God Bless,

Thanks Royce ( and All)....The show was fun....Talked to so many folks there....and about the tail color.....Well, Guess what....2 days ago when i went to take some pics so i could show ya what i was seeing,,,,,, his tail was a beautiful beetle green.....but when i went to feed before work yesterday it had purple shades again....Sunday was in the afternoon with some warmth and yesterday was *really* cold morning. Other than that i guess i am just seeing things and ****really appreciate everyones input****and offers of wonderful boyz and all.....eliz

Back
Top Bottom