PistolHollidayIV

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2022
New members here!! So recently me and my girlfriend decided to get six chicks from our local orschlns that said four were barred rocks(other two rhode island reds) but after reading some on here I fear this may not be correct. I read barred rocks are supposed to have yellow legs but these are kinda a mix of yellow and grey. Any idea what my chickens could be? Im new to this and ive noticed alot of chickens look alike so any help is appreciated TIA

Attachments

• received_523727979372044.jpeg
    received_523727979372044.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 41
  • received_3113330028908545.jpeg
    received_3113330028908545.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 24
  • received_1907490059434335.jpeg
    received_1907490059434335.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 17
I believe I see one…BR. Maybe not, I don’t see much yellow pigment elsewhere. Does the one in the third picture have white skin? If so, it’s a CM. No doms.

The gray is just some black wash. :)

New members here!! So recently me and my girlfriend decided to get six chicks from our local orschlns that said four were barred rocks(other two rhode island reds) but after reading some on here I fear this may not be correct. I read barred rocks are supposed to have yellow legs but these are kinda a mix of yellow and grey. Any idea what my chickens could be? Im new to this and ive noticed alot of chickens look alike so any help is appreciated TIA
Oh and :welcome

Nice to meet you! :frow

I believe I see one…BR. Maybe not, I don’t see much yellow pigment elsewhere. Does the one in the third picture have white skin? If so, it’s a CM. No doms.

The gray is just some black wash. :)
On youch it murdered the quality of my pics lol but no white far as I can tell. They all have the black front with yellow back on they're feet

Then they are BRs. Pretty pullets too.
Alright thank ya, I just heard they were supposed to be solid yellow So I got concerned lol tho even if they were barred rocks I wouldn't be to mad considering I got em for a steal, 3 bucks for all 6 of em. And appreciate it I try and keep em happy 😊

Back
Top Bottom