Baytril for 7 days?

bhawk-23

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Apr 12, 2020
East Central Illinois
Dealing with MG. Treat flock monthly with Tylosin or Denagard. I have one girl who seemed to just stay the same. But she is now starting to decline so I decided to decided to try baytril.

She’s had 5 doses
She is 1.5 lbs
I am giving .7 ml once daily

Last night was her 5th dose. I cannot see a huge improvement but enough to question if I can extend it to 7 days. Any reason not to?

Or maybe a better antibiotic? I probably have it on hand at this point. Lol

Thanks!

What are her symptoms? How long has she been sick? Is this affecting her behavior.

Were you treating the flock prophylactically? Or were they symptomatic? How long and how much was the treatment?

What are her symptoms? How long has she been sick? Is this affecting her behavior.

Were you treating the flock prophylactically? Or were they symptomatic? How long and how much was the treatment?

Her symptoms have been consistent. Red bulging eyes and sneezing for about 10 months. She never had discharge and behaves as normal chickens do.

She went into molt in December.
Early January I saw bubbling from her eye.
She has started losing weight and staying more to herself than normal.

We treat the flock with Tylosin monthly but just decided to try the baytril since her symptoms had gotten worse and some green runny poops have made the rounds again.

Other hens seem well.
We recently lost 3 birds to mareks and possibly a 4th (she is still inside on watch).

I continued the baytril. Her eyes are slightly less swollen and red with no bubbles seen today. She is still sneezing but she has always done that. We are thinking it might be a congenital defect of her sinuses or something.

Back
Top Bottom