I’m glad I found it too! I couldn’t find the HAL thread 😆 The older batch is 9 weeks and the younger batch is 5 weeks! How old are yours now? The combs are much more developed than mine 😆 Red Roof said some of her girls didn’t even get crests till 3 months old! Sooo slow 😆
Mine will be 8 weeks on Wednesday! It's mainly the boys who have more pronounced combs, not a whole lot from the girls yet. Seeing a lot of triple spikes coming in which we love to see!
Omg they're such pretty birds!
Thank you! I certainly think so. I take way too many pictures so feel free to hang around and I'm sure there will be plenty more.

Mine will be 8 weeks on Wednesday! It's mainly the boys who have more pronounced combs, not a whole lot from the girls yet. Seeing a lot of triple spikes coming in which we love to see!

Thank you! I certainly think so. I take way too many pictures so feel free to hang around and I'm sure there will be plenty more.
Yeah, your boys look good! I have a bunch of project mixes that still need focus to bring them closer to SOP so I'm not terribly surprised that mine are so slow haha. They were crossed with bantam Ameraucanas to breed out some aggression and I'm glad someone else started that process as I don't have the space to keep any aggressive birds! It looks like I will have self blues, blacks, whites, and cuckoo to play with color-wise. I'm excited. :) I can't wait to watch how yours progress. :love

Yeah, your boys look good! I have a bunch of project mixes that still need focus to bring them closer to SOP so I'm not terribly surprised that mine are so slow haha. They were crossed with bantam Ameraucanas to breed out some aggression and I'm glad someone else started that process as I don't have the space to keep any aggressive birds! It looks like I will have self blues, blacks, whites, and cuckoo to play with color-wise. I'm excited. :) I can't wait to watch how yours progress. :love
I love the self blue! Have you seen Green Grable's mottled self blue? I'm in love! I'm probably going to stick to white and black until I get my flock a bit more stabilized but I really like Red Roof's cuckoo project so we'll see. Are any of yours crowing yet? Two of mine have figured it out pretty constantly, I'll have to upload a video at some point because it's hilarious.

Last edited:
I love the self blue! Have you seen Green Grable's mottled self blue? I'm in love! I'm probably going to stick to white and black until I get my flock a bit more stabilized but I really like Red Roof's cuckoo project so we'll see. Are any of yours crowing yet? Two of mine have figured it out pretty constantly, I'll have to upload a video at some point because it's hilarious.
I have!! They are gorgeous!
Heart Salivating GIF by Kingston Technology

I have mottled d'Anvers, so I probably could get some if I wanted at some point! I got a Satin from Red Roof and she said it came from Gold Laced Satins and a Confetti Rooster and it is lavender mottled!! She's super jealous of him haha. So now that I have seen it, I like it even more than just in pictures haha. The cuckoo is really fun too though and I really need to focus for a bit on what I have! I have issues with focus in chickens! There are so many awesome colors and breeds, it's hard to stay intent on one direction.

I have!! They are gorgeous!
Heart Salivating GIF by Kingston Technology

I have mottled d'Anvers, so I probably could get some if I wanted at some point! I got a Satin from Red Roof and she said it came from Gold Laced Satins and a Confetti Rooster and it is lavender mottled!! She's super jealous of him haha. So now that I have seen it, I like it even more than just in pictures haha. The cuckoo is really fun too though and I really need to focus for a bit on what I have! I have issues with focus in chickens! There are so many awesome colors and breeds, it's hard to stay intent on one direction.
Haha, I haven’t had trouble staying focused at all, ever since I have tasted perfection.
AFF8DCA8-3FB7-46BF-883D-716B5BB36960.jpeg

My APA SOP arrived in the mail today and if I’d known I’d need to do math I might have waited to get it 😂 what part of the scale do people adjust to add the score for beards? It walks through crest but not heard and I’d like to have it to reference.

I just noticed I accidentally took pictures of one of the little stinkers twice so here are pictures of the actual Big Hat (name pending). It's been very dark and rainy here in Vermont but I checked combs today and saw lots of triple spikes starting to come in! Kenneth has the most prominent but Allo has the start of three for sure. Notho has one spike (as well as a hollow comb) and I'm not sure about Terran, 1 has what could be either one or three spikes it's not quite clear yet, and the girls don't really have spikes yet.

Attachments

• IMG_5290.JPG
    IMG_5290.JPG
    630.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5289.JPG
    IMG_5289.JPG
    595.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5288.JPG
    IMG_5288.JPG
    561.7 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom