Best incubator

silkiechicken

Staff PhD
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 25, 2007
Everett WA/Corvallis OR
Hi everyone,

What is the best incubator that you have had that heats uniformly and holds humidity well? Ours is having bad issue of neural tube defects in the chicks and uneven development across eggs. Ideally this incubator can hold around 150- 180 eggs at a time. Preferabally under 800 dollars too. Thanks.

Best incubator I have ever used is the new Ova-Easy 380 from brinsea. Better than the sportsman ever was. $533.00 + 30.00 shipping from Double R Supply. Check them out on Ebay. They have a website also but the better deal is on Ebay.

The BEST incubators in my opinion is the Brower Top Hatch, and the Little Giant and another really nice one is the Hovabator-circular air model. Very nice! The Brower is the most expensive ranging around $150 or so but it's dishwasher safe and everything is included. Awsome!
The little Giant is the least expensive,,,around $40-45. Hovabator is around $ 65,,,I think,,,,,,
Good luck! I've used all 3 and they all work great and hold temperatures very very well and humidity!!!! Feel free to email me if anyone has questions! Julie
smile.png

OOOOPS ,,,I just re-read your post and it said 150-200 eggs! ,,,the ones I listed only hold about 40 eggs or so. Sorry about that! LOL,, I was reading too fast! Hope you found one, Julie
tongue.png

Thanks for the suggestions. Curently we are using a cabinent incubator just like the High Hatch one. I think I am gonig to do some modifications on it before getting a new one as it used to work very well.

A lot of the cabinet model have temperture variance between each level. On another site I saw someone post a similar situation. He asked if anyone had tried a new high output fan that is being marketed.
I saw his post updated and since no one had repiled he tried the new fan. He claimed his incubator was much more uniform in temp. All three level within .5 degree.

Well, frankly, I would go with a Lyon incubator. I prefer the TX-7 but if you need a larger one, go with the Roll-X's.

Back
Top Bottom