Blood Globs Under Hen

If you want to try the enrofloxacin, you could do that. With the understanding that if it's a reproductive problem, it may not help. If it's some kind of infection, like e coli or clostridium, it may help, though oxytetracyclines are more commonly used for those. (Bacitracin, lincomycin, virginiamycin, oxytetracyline).
In your picture, the blob on the bottom left kind of resembles an ovarian cyst. I have seen images of them expelled, but that is fairly uncommon, usually they are seen at necropsy. Image below of some for comparison. If you still have them, cut them open and see what the inside looks like, fluid, solid, blood etc.
This thread has images, scroll down:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...warning-graphic-pictures-of-a-chicken.660581/

I have no clue as to what it could be then. Perhaps the water didn't turn red because the blobs had already dried? I will see if there are any more tomorrow and put them in water immediately if there are.

Have you checked Daisy's skin around her vent for pecking injuries? That blood appears not to be mixed into the poop, but deposited after the poop was dropped onto that surface. It's something to be ruled out before assuming she has internal bleeding.

Daisy's vent looks completely normal - it's pretty small, so I think I can assume she's not laying anymore.
As for cutting them open, I did (I don't have pictures - if it happens again, I will take some), and they were a deep, bloody red all the way through. I'm not one for squeamishness, but that turned even my stomach. They held together better than poop, but they didn't have the layers of the lash eggs I got out of my hen Delta (Daisy's sister) before she passed.

Back
Top Bottom