Blue cochin - male or female??????????

nhnanna

Songster
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
The chicken coop
I was lucky enough to adopt this beautiful blue cochin in NH yesterday. When my daughter picked it up for me, the lady who gave it to her thought it was possibly a male but, myself and others think he might be a she. Either way, I am so happy to have it and would like to get more in the future. I have named it Blue figuring it would fit both sexes..lol. Thanks for your help.

Here is the link to the pictures of Blue.

http://picasaweb.google.com/nhnanna/2008_0822Blue

Looks like a male to me, very red...How old is it though? I have a 5 month old giant Cochin pullet and she barely has a comb...I also have 3 month old bantam Cochins and they have barely a comb showing and theirs are very pale right now.

Oh yeah, It's really pretty though...I have a blue bantam one, and she's my favorite between the ones I have. Something about a blue chicken just makes you want to keep looking at it.

Very pretty boy
big_smile.png
I have giants and love them!

I was told it was about two months old and that it is a bantam. I hope this helps. He/She loves to talk. We traveled for almost six hours and everytime we stopped or slowed down it would start talking like a child saying "are we there yet?"
yippiechickie.gif
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom