Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Ugh, the birds had a USPS shipping guarantee of 3pm today. They have not made it to my PO and they do not expect another shipment today!
rant.gif
somad.gif
I called them and they're happy to refund the seller if he files a claim but not the receiver. They don't have any other info on them except what I can find online as well, they've left KY.
When did they ship? I know express is SUPPOSED to be overnight delivery, but it usually takes 2 days to my sort facility.

Anyone selling eggs?
lol i will be, someday, if they ever start laying for me... but the first dozen (or 4) will be going into the incubator to assess fertility.

i have 2 LF girls, splash and a black laced, with a blue laced roo, and a pair of bantam (black laced girl with blue laced roo).

all about the same age, 5-6 months or so, so expecting eggs sometime between now and this time next year. LOL

Last edited:
When did they ship? I know express is SUPPOSED to be overnight delivery, but it usually takes 2 days to my sort facility.

They were brought to the PO at 8:40 yesterday morning. Supposedly the tracking states its guaranteed for 3PM today, NOT. They were then processed in a center in KY at 7:40 PM. There is nothing after this. I keep checking every hour or so as I'm an anxious mama. At this point I'm hoping to get a call at 6am like I do when I order hatchery chicks.
fl.gif

Last edited:
I wasn't able to candle the eggs again and put them all in lock down, including the BLRW. Not sure which are fertile at this point. I've got one 150 lumins flash light that I use to candle (along with other regular flashlights) My youngest ds was caught using it during the storm. Now when I went to look for it, its not in its place. When I asked him I get the "I dunno" answer
barnie.gif
I did sniff them and nothing was stinkey so hopefully
fl.gif
they're all still good. Guess we'll know in 3 days!

They were brought to the PO at 8:40 yesterday morning. Supposedly the tracking states its guaranteed for 3PM today, NOT. They were then processed in a center in KY at 7:40 PM. There is nothing after this. I keep checking every hour or so as I'm an anxious mama. At this point I'm hoping to get a call at 6am like I do when I order hatchery chicks.
fl.gif
I'm sorry I can't offer much comfort. I've had AWFUL luck in shipping birds recently. Three out of 6 shipments have arrived late in the past 6 weeks. One I know was bumped for dry ice but arrived safely although late. The other 2 were not only late, but NOT bumped for dry ice. Only one out of 11 birds survived that trip. I've never experienced such difficulties in shipping birds.

It's extremely frustrating to find out where they are too. USPS can't find them while they are in FEDEX's hands, but if you call FEDEX they tell you to call USPS. Even my postmaster was getting a migraine trying to find out where they were.

Oh, and the USPS site isn't always up to date on top of that. I had one box that supposedy was at the Shrewsbury MA sorting facility, but was actually in the hands of the owner in PA.

I expect they will be at your PO first thing in the morning.

I wasn't able to candle the eggs again and put them all in lock down, including the BLRW. Not sure which are fertile at this point. I've got one 150 lumins flash light that I use to candle (along with other regular flashlights) My youngest ds was caught using it during the storm. Now when I went to look for it, its not in its place. When I asked him I get the "I dunno" answer
barnie.gif
I did sniff them and nothing was stinkey so hopefully
fl.gif
they're all still good. Guess we'll know in 3 days!
This same thing happened to me! only it was my 5 year old daughter. I ended up finding my super flashlight under the down stairs bathroom sink. And with the flashlight was a bunch of other missing things! ha ha ha KIDS gotta love em :)

Quote:
fl.gif
Puglady - did you get your birds?

They came this morning. Their feathers are a little rough from the trip but they seemed to have traveled well. I've got them in an isolation coop that I just finished. Good thing too as I've heard the roo sneeze 2x.

Back
Top Bottom