Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Hello everyone! My girls just stared laying for the first time, the eggs have spots and i can't find any reference about it.
Pic to illustrate

A few of my girls (from different breeds) lay eggs like that. I don't think that it indicates a "problem" or anything like that. For me, it actually made it easier because I knew who laid which egg. :)

Wow it is still really hard. Thanks for the info.
I will need to go out the chicks from you. I was thinking all boys or maybe one girl based on comb.
So far this year it has been SOOO bad for boys (6/6 chocolate wyandotte boys and 4/6 rhodebars boys, and most if not all the BLRW are boys).
I usually get more boys in the dottes..... I don't think I have ever had more pullets than roos in any color dottes I have..... makes for slow going too especially when they are not great layers.

Quote: One each!
cool.png

I remember them, lookin' good! Any photos of the breast area lacing? just curious :)
They have turned out such a pretty color of blue! They did look lighter as chicks

Viola, these are the best shots I could get this morning of the breast area. My chicks are not being very cooperative today, or any day for that matter. You guys are right, I think I also only see one hen out of the bunch, I was hoping for two but they are all looking very roostery to my untrained eye. What a ride these guys have been. Odd colored chicks that went from splash to blue to rooster...

Viola, these are the best shots I could get this morning of the breast area. My chicks are not being very cooperative today, or any day for that matter. You guys are right, I think I also only see one hen out of the bunch, I was hoping for two but they are all looking very roostery to my untrained eye. What a ride these guys have been. Odd colored chicks that went from splash to blue to rooster...

oh, they are so pretty!
love.gif

I personally cannot see any females... I see very red faces on almost everyone...

the Top Right in this pic could be a pullet, maybe? I'm not sure I understand the wing coloring DMRippy was talking about, but the Top Right looks the most different, has laced wings, vs the Front Right's wings are more solid red...

experts say?

oh, they are so pretty!
love.gif

I personally cannot see any females... I see very red faces on almost everyone...

the Top Right in this pic could be a pullet, maybe? I'm not sure I understand the wing coloring DMRippy was talking about, but the Top Right looks the most different, has laced wings, vs the Front Right's wings are more solid red...

experts say?

I'll strangle something if I don't get at least one hen out of this bunch lol. Hatching eggs is stressful. What do you guys do with all your extra roosters? We ate the only rooster we had because he was mean but it was traumatic, not tasty.

Back
Top Bottom