Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Must not of been fertile as all of my eggs I bought never even started so we're all in-fertile. Big time bummer and waste of money.
Bummer
sad.png
To me that doesn't look fertile, but I am by no means an expert... Thought it should be more of a bullseye like cuties at the top of the page. That's what scares me about shipped eggs, I'd hate to spend a pretty penny on the eggs I'd want, just for them to be mishandled or lost in post.

I purchased BLRW Bantam, Buff Brahma Bantam and Chocolate Wyandotte Bantam that were in 2 separate packages. Of 35 eggs only 4 are growing. I still do not believe that shipping eggs will somehow make them non-fertile. If it was there, it just cannot go away. If the shipping disturbs the membrane inside you should still see some sort of growth in the egg whether it be to continue to grow or blood ring and quit. These eggs were packaged very well. The same day as the first package of those 2 came I also got another package of German line New Hampshires and of those 10, 6 are growing.

shipping eggs will not make them non-fertile, however it can mess them up so much that there is no growth.

for example, if they were cooked or frozen enough that the fertilized spot is dead.

I purchased BLRW Bantam, Buff Brahma Bantam and Chocolate Wyandotte Bantam that were in 2 separate packages. Of 35 eggs only 4 are growing. I still do not believe that shipping eggs will somehow make them non-fertile. If it was there, it just cannot go away. If the shipping disturbs the membrane inside you should still see some sort of growth in the egg whether it be to continue to grow or blood ring and quit. These eggs were packaged very well. The same day as the first package of those 2 came I also got another package of German line New Hampshires and of those 10, 6 are growing.

It also make a difference how old the birds are laying the eggs. Pullet eggs travel way better than hen eggs. I have had so many shipped eggs I can not even count..... not so many chicks. Sometimes they will start..... some times they will go till lockdown and die because the air cell is mush. Fertile eggs just don't always develop.... even in other species.

Hi I'm just jumping on here. I was wondering if anyone lives in the South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Minnesota area? I would love to get started with these guys, and was hoping someone was near enough for me to drive out and pick some up! I'd like show quality lines, I know the color hasn't been accepted yet and that chicks/eggs are a gamble of what you would get, but I'd just like nice lines. I think the correct Wyandotte body style is beautiful, not just this color, although the color is stunning.

I live in South East SD, but I will be going to Madison, WI in early April so if anyone lives in between that would awesome?! I would entertain all ages, just not mature roosters, I've had bad luck with purchasing grouchy roosters, cockerel age is fine. Otherwise, doesn't anyone ship chicks or hatching eggs?

Sorry if this is a repetitive question,
Thanks for your help!!!

Hi I'm just jumping on here. I was wondering if anyone lives in the South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Minnesota area? I would love to get started with these guys, and was hoping someone was near enough for me to drive out and pick some up! I'd like show quality lines, I know the color hasn't been accepted yet and that chicks/eggs are a gamble of what you would get, but I'd just like nice lines. I think the correct Wyandotte body style is beautiful, not just this color, although the color is stunning.

I live in South East SD, but I will be going to Madison, WI in early April so if anyone lives in between that would awesome?! I would entertain all ages, just not mature roosters, I've had bad luck with purchasing grouchy roosters, cockerel age is fine. Otherwise, doesn't anyone ship chicks or hatching eggs?

Sorry if this is a repetitive question,
Thanks for your help!!!
I'm not sure of any breeders down in the Madison area. Most I know are up in Northern Wisconsin near me who have stock from me last year that plan on hatching out chicks this year. I have some 10 month old Foley stock that just started laying but no fertility as of yet. Keeping my fingers crossed daily that it will start. I'm getting a bit worried about my cockerel as he's either just not breeding yet or is not fertile. It also could be the cold weather which I really hope is the issue as I've went thru 4 cockerels last year due to mishaps. The last one was a mink attack just before Xmas that took nearly all of my stock including 6 other breeds besides my BLRW. I was only left with 5 BLRW and my non Foley BLRW pen which had a roo/hen pair and my Ameraucanas. It was very saddening to walk into for sure.

I Cant wait til im breeding these...... I have a BLRW rooster and 2 hens with him I also have a splash laced red with him. they have pretty good blood lines. the breeder had already sold most of them so i got the left overs so these don't look to nice............ the rooster has really thick lacing, he is show quality(what I heard) but his hens have a nice red but really thin lacing so I hope the offspring are good.
I haven't read the whole thread but enjoying the pics!
cooper

Back
Top Bottom