Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Pics
Here are some of my sweeties. I need a new camera, and better photography skills, lol!

This girl (Trixie) is my favorite. And I am saying girl hopefully, lol! I love her dark head and fluffy butt. She is just over 6 weeks.

Here is Bacon, Girl #2? Also about 6 weeks.

Here is a group shot where you can see girl (?) #3 (Belle). She is the one with her head cocked funny. Also about 6 weeks old.

Here is girl (?) #4 (Duchess) She is about 4 weeks old.

Another shot of Duchess. She is my son's favorite, can you tell?

And here is my suspected Roo, Gojira (Godzilla!!). He is also about 4 weeks old.

Would love to have opinions on the birds and their sexes. Also, I am so confused by which ones might be splash and would love to have some insight!

Thanks for letting me share my loves with you!

April

Too me they all look splash because they are very light still but in group photo one in the back right may be a blue. My vote on sexing:

First - Cockerel
Second - Cockerel
Third - bunch to me looks like 2-3 pullets and 3 def cockerels
Fourth - Pullet
Fifth - Cockerel

Here are some of my sweeties. I need a new camera, and better photography skills, lol!

This girl (Trixie) is my favorite. And I am saying girl hopefully, lol! I love her dark head and fluffy butt. She is just over 6 weeks.

Here is Bacon, Girl #2? Also about 6 weeks.

Here is a group shot where you can see girl (?) #3 (Belle). She is the one with her head cocked funny. Also about 6 weeks old.

Here is girl (?) #4 (Duchess) She is about 4 weeks old.

Another shot of Duchess. She is my son's favorite, can you tell?

And here is my suspected Roo, Gojira (Godzilla!!). He is also about 4 weeks old.

Would love to have opinions on the birds and their sexes. Also, I am so confused by which ones might be splash and would love to have some insight!

Thanks for letting me share my loves with you!

April

Too me they all look splash because they are very light still but in group photo one in the back right may be a blue. My vote on sexing:

First - Cockerel
Second - Cockerel
Third - bunch to me looks like 2-3 pullets and 3 def cockerels
Fourth - Pullet
Fifth - Cockerel

Oh! No! Not good!!! I am in love with them already!!!

Do females get their tail feathers before males do as they grow? all my chicks that I know are females are getting their tail feathers but on my straights i think only 3 had tail feathers that i seen.

Any opinions?

Do females get their tail feathers before males do as they grow? all my chicks that I know are females are getting their tail feathers but on my straights i think only 3 had tail feathers that i seen.

Any opinions?

What I have noticed lately is that the females do get their tail feathers earlier but the mails look more sparatic and longer. Kinda weird. Not sure if everyone see this but this is how mine seem to be.

Just for anyone's who' s interested
wink.png
, I have an auction closing tomorrow for BLRW hatching eggs. I usually send as many extras as I have--last time, I ended up sending out more than 20.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ndottes-blrws-ends-6-pm-mst-3-25#post_8645172

I have Bantam Blue Laced Red Wyandotte hatching eggs available. For some reason I can't post in the classifed section. If anyone is interested in eggs please PM me. Thanks! Here are some pictures of my birds. I showed them at 4 shows this Winter (with good competition) and I received Best of Variety at every show.

Back
Top Bottom