Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

or I could use them in my Olive Eggers
wink.png
That would be a good cross

Sorry, Guess I need to single mate them and find out who is throwing straight combs. Guess I know what I will be doing the next few weeks
roll.png
Good thing I am don't hatching ANYTHING. What to cross them with? I have Marans and Barred Rocks and Leghorns. Any interesting crosses I can then sell?
Are your BLR Foley birds?

I would think breed them to a straight combed bird. If they have RR ALL the chicks should be rose combed if it is dominate. If you get any straight combs, I would then assume they are Rs. In theory you would get 50/50 rose/straight.

So I think you are right My roo is Rs and at least one hen is Rs. From that cross you could get RR, Rs and ss. I will test the hens and see. I will then test the other roo I have and see if he is Rs or RR. In ways he is a nicer roo... I like his color better anyway. Think maybe I will try a Marans pullet. It might be easier to sell a pretty dark egg layer
big_smile.png
or I could use them in my Olive Eggers
wink.png

Sounds right, breed the back up roo to a straight comb to see. Seems like you wont go wrong with either Marans or Olive Eggers.
smile.png
The lone chick is in a brooder with a few Cream Legbars that arrived from GFF today. Poor babies had a very rough time, an extra day in the mail and then a nor-easter. Looking in the box was not pretty.
hit.gif
I'm off to bed but am setting my alarm to go off every couple of hours so I can peek into the 'bator.
tongue.png

The one I had from Donna had a correct comb. I lost it yesterday. For some reason BLRW do not like me. It was fine Wednesday and dead Thursday. :'(

Back
Top Bottom