Buff Orpington crossed with a crested cream legbar

bonhamcalk

In the Brooder
Oct 29, 2016
Azle/Weatherford Texas
Newbie here and first time asking a question.

I have several excess cream legbar roos that I put in with about a dozen Buff Orpington hens. From all my research I THINK that will produce a chicken that will lay a light olive colored egg.

My question is... has anyone ever done this cross, and did it produce an olive egger? People around here LOVE olive eggers and I am hoping to sell some this next spring.

Pics of the cross would be nice ase well!

Newbie here and first time asking a question.

Welcome!!!

I have several excess cream legbar roos that I put in with about a dozen Buff Orpington hens. From all my research I THINK that will produce a chicken that will lay a light olive colored egg.

My question is... has anyone ever done this cross, and did it produce an olive egger? People around here LOVE olive eggers and I am hoping to sell some this next spring.

Pics of the cross would be nice ase well!

I have several of these crosses, none are laying yet. It won't be an olive egg, as olive eggers are produced by crossing a dark egg layer to a blue egg layer. Such as a Marans or welsummer.

I'm anticipating these being sea to mint green.

Last edited:
Would love to see an egg as soon as you get some!

I'm still a few months off from any eggs. But I will post as soon as I get one from them!

The biddie in the front is what the offspring will look like. I've hatched about 6 out so far and all are mostly buff with varying degrees of brown on wings and back, although you can't see it as well in this pic.

These are so far very nice birds!
IMG_2269.JPG

I'm still a few months off from any eggs. But I will post as soon as I get one from them!

The biddie in the front is what the offspring will look like. I've hatched about 6 out so far and all are mostly buff with varying degrees of brown on wings and back, although you can't see it as well in this pic.

These are so far very nice birds!
View attachment 1151614
I love the little puff on her head.

Can't wait to see pics of eggs! I have two buffs and excess legbar and ice cream bar roosters too. My buffs lay almost a pink color.

Back
Top Bottom