*Buff Orpington Thread!*

What a handsome fellow!
X2

I just got my first buff orpington chicks! They are already very sweet and docile, and follow their adoptive silkie mamma around everywhere! I don't know a whole lot about the breed, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!
thumbsup.gif

Bella's boy has been so naughty over the past couple of days! Yesterday, George was trying to mate one of the top hens and he took it as an opportunity to attack her, so off her went going for her and then she fell over a shovel and George fell off her and she turned around and all she saw was Bella's boy so she thought it was him and flapped at him and started chasing him around the feed pen! Thought he has learnt his lesson, but today Bella attacked my light Sussex Lacey and he decided to carry on going after her when Bella stopped and Lacey turned around and give him a beating, he then went for a dust bath with Bella and started pecking her and she got angry and stood up and give him a beating, and then it all settled down and he decided to mate Bella! (I tried to get a pic but it was a bit blury) once he stopped Bella got up and started on him and he started levelling her up! He backed down after a bit! Then the same top hen from yesterday came towards him and Bella and she like give Bella the evils and then brushed past her and Bella's boy chased her and jamp on her and she screamed, turned around chased him round and round Bella and poor Bella ended up getting a beating for it too! She wants to get rid of him now, he's getting her in so much trouble! You can see in the last pic when the hen turns and goes for Bella too!
10644908_10201487614711918_3442430237177799036_n.jpg

10613152_10201487614951924_3988835570419841441_n.jpg

10629836_10201487615271932_2232724364409788231_n.jpg

I just got my first buff orpington chicks! They are already very sweet and docile, and follow their adoptive silkie mamma around everywhere! I don't know a whole lot about the breed, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Sooooo adorable!!! I remember when my girls were little!! I love Buffs so much!!!

Winter is coming, so I have been adding pallet wood to my chicken barn and coop to beef it up and insulate. I love repurposing wood!!!

Then, I ran out of wood, lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom