*Buff Orpington Thread!*

What hatchery has lavender buff orphingtons or chocolate lace? Blue too lol, does anyone know how much they cost? I thought I seen it was like $110 per chick! Is that about right?

Look up Murray McMurray Hatchery. BTW I don't think it would be called "lavender buff orpington" because lavender is a color and buff is a color - orpington is a breed. So it is either a lavender orpington or a buff orpington or a blue orpington, etc. etc. Buff Orpington is by far the most common of the Orpingtons.
Best of luck.

Look up Murray McMurray Hatchery.    BTW I don't think it would be called "lavender buff orpington" because lavender is a color and buff is a color - orpington is a breed. So it is either a lavender orpington or a buff orpington or a blue orpington, etc. etc. Buff Orpington is by far the most common of the Orpingtons.
Best of luck.

Actually they do have ones that are 2 colors like lemon cuckoo orpingtons. Unfortunately I haven't seen anything hough the hatcherys. Ebay has them though.. :)

Look up Murray McMurray Hatchery.    BTW I don't think it would be called "lavender buff orpington" because lavender is a color and buff is a color - orpington is a breed. So it is either a lavender orpington or a buff orpington or a blue orpington, etc. etc. Buff Orpington is by far the most common of the Orpingtons.
Best of luck.
Oh okay, thank you so much! Yeah that makes more sense now about the buff thing lol I'm really new to chickens still. I have a buff orphington rooster that just showed up randomly in my yard one day and he made me a lover of orpingtons now
263a.png

Last edited:
Hi- I'm new here- just got 3 Buff Orpington pullets and a cockerel in the mail from Cackle Hatchery along with a dozen other various pullets. I chose a Buff Orp rooster for the breed's reputation as being very child-friendly and good as pets. I realize sometimes you get a "bad egg" but hoping this guy will be a keeper. This is our second time raising baby chicks and these guys are just 8 days old now. Our goals are having friendly chickens that lay colorful, unique eggs. Can't post any pics yet.
welcome-byc.gif
We have 4 BOs that are 4 weeks and we love them already! They are indeed very friendly. Prepare to fall in love!!
love.gif

And again, welcome.

Hi- I'm new here- just got 3 Buff Orpington pullets and a cockerel in the mail from Cackle Hatchery along with a dozen other various pullets. I chose a Buff Orp rooster for the breed's reputation as being very child-friendly and good as pets.  I realize sometimes you get a "bad egg" but hoping this guy will be a keeper.  This is our second time raising baby chicks and these guys are just 8 days old now.  Our goals are having friendly chickens that lay colorful, unique eggs.  Can't post any pics yet.

Welcome to tge Buff Orpington thread. The Buff Orpington is one of my very favorite breeds, such nice birds with interesting personalities. Once you start posting images, show us your flock.

Back
Top Bottom