*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Thank you! And I didn't know the difference between an English buff orpington and american hatchery quality, until I purchased a hen. I was NOT Impressed, she was about 1 yr, and my pullet(fluffy) was about 6 months and was much bigger and even laid big eggs for a pullet. The hatchey hen had a big wonky comb, not much skirt, long legs, smaller body frame. My hen has a small comb, nice fluffy skirt, shorter legs, and now a better body frame. My English hen does have black markings, but she throws beautiful rich buff chicks that don't really have any markings. My 4-5 month old pullets look like adorable fluffy mini hens running around! Lol! I hope on adding more English orpington varieties, I love big fluffy butts!
I know exactly what you mean about the big fluffy butts lol I love my rooster fluffy butt! He was a stray that randomly showed up Easter week, he has made me a lover of the breed! I want them all now
1f602.png
1f629.png

I know exactly what you mean about the big fluffy butts lol I love my rooster fluffy butt! He was a stray that randomly showed up Easter week, he has made me a lover of the breed! I want them all now
1f602.png
1f629.png

Glad to hear you took him in! There's usually people who love looking at my buff orps fluffy butts! Lol they usually can't help themselves! Although I rarely offer any because I most like to keep them for myself(I'm very selfish why it comes to my fluffy butts!) Lol. I mostly love my fluffy birds; English orps, Cochins and Silkies.I love petting my silkies and orps and they like to be petted!

Last edited:
Glad to hear you took him in! There's usually people who love looking at my buff orps fluffy butts! Lol they usually can't help themselves! Although I rarely offer any because I most like to keep them for myself(I'm very selfish why it comes to my fluffy butts!) Lol. I mostly love my fluffy birds; English orps, Cochins and Silkies.I love petting my silkies and orps and they like to be petted!
Awe lol that's funny. When my rooster walks by me I cant help but to run my finger across his big fluffy feathers lol I don't think he likes to be touched but I can't help but to touch those beautiful feathers
1f602.png
I call him my big fluff buff but his name is Franklin
263a.png
263a.png
263a.png

I can imagine!!! Our 4 buff orps are getting close! One has been 'squatting' for about 3 days, and another one just started doing it last night. They threw some straw around out of the nest boxes this AM and I keep checking! I have a feeling we should be getting our first egg in a few days! We are keeping them in the coop run in the AM now and we have had fake eggs in the boxes for a few weeks...We let them out to free range now about noontime. We keep checking on them, and they haven't laid an egg in the yard, so hoping to find one soon in the nest box, with more to follow soon.
I am so excited I am like a kid at Christmas. Keep looking in the coop at the nest boxes, and meantime my 'crouching' hens get a little butt rub they seem to like!
How long was it after you saw squatting did you get your first egg?

Congratulations!

Maisie is the one who has been doing the squatting for the last 3 days and we think she will probably lay the first egg!

Our girls finally decided we're worthy of gifts
1f60d.png

enhance
A beautiful egg! Congratulations!

I can imagine!!! Our 4 buff orps are getting close! One has been 'squatting' for about 3 days, and another one just started doing it last night. They threw some straw around out of the nest boxes this AM and I keep checking! I have a feeling we should be getting our first egg in a few days! We are keeping them in the coop run in the AM now and we have had fake eggs in the boxes for a few weeks...We let them out to free range now about noontime. We keep checking on them, and they haven't laid an egg in the yard, so hoping to find one soon in the nest box, with more to follow soon.
I am so excited I am like a kid at Christmas. Keep looking in the coop at the nest boxes, and meantime my 'crouching' hens get a little butt rub they seem to like!
How long was it after you saw squatting did you get your first egg?

Congratulations!

Maisie is the one who has been doing the squatting for the last 3 days and we think she will probably lay the first egg!
Squatting is a good sign!
Could be any day now. You will most likely know when that first egg comes - my BO girls really carry on and let the world know about their ordeal - of course my BO rooster joins in so I get a show just about everyday. I never get tired of it.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom