*Buff Orpington Thread!*

My BO has gone broody. Here she's just puffing up into Turkey Mom. She's so funny.
She's cute. Do they walk around clucking a lot when they're broody? One of mine (still new to this) has started squatting recently so I thought maybe she's wanting a rooster.

Are buff roosters friendly?
I'm new to chickens, I got 8 last april, and had to give away a roo, so I'm looking for friendly roosters

I've had 3 Orpington roosters and every one of them flogged me. The one I currently have respects me, and leaves me alone for the most part, but if anything else walks in that pen, they might not walk back out..lol. I suggest Black Australorps if you are looking for friendly roosters, mine is a sweetheart.

I have 1 buff (want to get more) and her name'so Buttercup
This is her

She is beautiful! If you want more BO's and have an incubator, I'll be shipping purebred BO hatching eggs soon!

Thanks! Yeah we're getting an australorp, we decided not to get a rooster on purpose, because we're not allowed to in my county, but if we ended up with one we'd try to keep it. (If nobody complained)

I am these are the breeds: 2 silkies, 2 mille fleurs, 1 australorp, and 2 cuckoo marans.
I'm still trying to figure out how much of each breed to get, because I don't have that much more space in my coop

I'm not sure about the bantams, because of their leg feathers, and if one of the cuckoo marans or an australorp turns out to be a roo, Cuz I heard you can't have bantam girls with regular size roos.

Back
Top Bottom