*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Howdy fellow Buff Orpington peeps!
I'm curious your thoughts on this--
I got six sexed B.O. chicks from Tractor supply, the girls are 12 weeks old today.
I'm wondering why one has yellow legs and beak- I call her Sunny- but all the rest of them have pale tan legs and beak? Sunny has had yellow legs/beak since day 1...
Just curious what your thoughts are about if this is common? Do your ginger B.O. girls usually have pale legs/beak?
Thanks!! :)
View attachment 1156853
This is Honey, pale legs/beak

View attachment 1156852
This is Sunny, yellow legs/beak

Question, I have 4 Buff Hens and 1 Rhoadie plus a Rhodie rooster, My hens were laying in the coop, but now they are finding other places. They do free range, so is this just something to live with?

My buffs will look for the safest, quietest darkest place, and they love to use the same nest as those above them in pecking order I wouldn't lock free rangers in a coop that would get nasty fast the low hens in the order would be terrorized using their own eggs where u want them to go is great

This summer I had to close some of their nests bc of the heat and they had a hard time with the change until I put their egg there and it's all good now

IMG_20171209_214447_693.jpg

Just sitting outside tonight at dusk when my Buff decided I'd make a good perch. She is the last hen remaining from my first flock 7 years ago. Just felt like sharing.

IMG_20171209_214241_179.jpg

wowww.. nice roo.. what kind of this orpington..?

Red English type. Very friendly and mild mannered, and I'm smitten by this variety and color of the breed.

Edit: he's still just a baby at about 9 months old too, and actually it looks like I've got two favorites now, as his brother is looking pretty darn good now too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom