Bumblefoot w/o a scab??? How to treat?

Marsha DeVaughn

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 3, 2015
Another poor girl! Feet look awful but there’s no scab on the worst one, But horrible swelling. Is it Bumblefoot? If so what do you do to treat when there’s no scab to remove? It’s swollen bad on top and on bottom! The other foot has a scab. I thought it was swollen but did soak and clean tonight and it looks like foot is made with fat pad. I cleaned the scab but not much there. The other foot worries me!

Attachments

• IMG_1483.jpeg
    IMG_1483.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1480.jpeg
    IMG_1480.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1482.jpeg
    IMG_1482.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1481.jpeg
    IMG_1481.jpeg
    277.2 KB · Views: 12
The one with the little scab sure looks like bumblefoot. My first go-to if it's not that bad, is PRID, a drawing salve. I would continue doing warm soaks and trying to get that scab off, regardless if you do or not, cover it with PRID. For the other one, seeing if the PRID might draw it out. I'd keep the feet very lightly bandaged with some gauze and Vetwrap, then put her in a dog crate or similar where she'll keep it clean and stay off of it.

If either one get an opening to flesh, I'd use Neosporin and the PRID.

The one with the little scab sure looks like bumblefoot. My first go-to if it's not that bad, is PRID, a drawing salve. I would continue doing warm soaks and trying to get that scab off, regardless if you do or not, cover it with PRID. For the other one, seeing if the PRID might draw it out. I'd keep the feet very lightly bandaged with some gauze and Vetwrap, then put her in a dog crate or similar where she'll keep it clean and stay off of it.

If either one get an opening to flesh, I'd use Neosporin and the PRID.
I’m already using both.

I’m already using both. But what I don’t know how to treat is the one that’s horribly swollen, especially on the top of her foot. It feels like it could just rupture any second! But there’s no scab on that foot. I got the little bit of scab off but it was more like deep embedded dirt than a real scab and nothing came out. That pad is even soft so it doesn’t worry me. Her other foot looks and feels horrible! I’m afraid to lance the top of her foot but it sure looks like it needs it!

Back
Top Bottom