BYC Café

Good Morning!

Our hunting dogs have always gone toward the fireworks, wanting to hunt. Our last lab had to be kept inside to keep him from trying to retrieve lit bottle rockets. Fireworks are illegal here, but we live on the border of a state where they are legal, so people get them anyway. It was raining yesterday and last night, so I didn’t have to worry about the neighbor kids blowing themselves up.

Have a great day, everyone!

Last night there were a few fireworks. Not too many, and Freya didn't care.

We got heavy rain for about 15 minutes yesterday. I'll have to check the bucket to see how much.

Hubby is working next week, and probably the week after that, training the new guy on the Zund machine. (Flat bed cutting) I hope this guy works out and sticks around. I think hubby would like to "really" retire. He likes the job, he likes the people, but I think he'd rather do stuff here.

We got heavy rain for about 15 minutes yesterday. I'll have to check the bucket to see how much.
Got that down here too...was a bit of a surprise and very refreshing until the sun came out and it started steaming. Couple of mid to high 80's then cooler again.I do see a couple ~90's stacked up in the 10 day. At least the nights are fairly cool, that keeps me sane during the days.

A couple of very close(within 300-500 feet) noisemakers, one with something huge, the other with a plethora of pretty loud and repeating...like automatic gunfire...right when I went to bed.

Got a shot at a GH after hearing something rustle thru the grasses and seeing it posed at the edge of the deck. I opened the window and it slid under cover, then stuck it's head out. Was a risky shot close to patio and pond, but I took it. Not sure if I plan missed or it got back down under. Couldn't see it, hope I don't smell it after a few days...tho that might keep any others away?

Back
Top Bottom