BYC Chookbawk (Cookbook) Recipe Submissions are closing 9/13 @ 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope people submit recipes for good old fried chicken and potato soup. My grandma made the best fried chicken which I can't make and my Mom made a creamy, chunky, celery seed, potato soup, that I have never been able to duplicate. Granny passed when I was little and Mom died when I was 17. Mom also had a recipe for the best pie crust and I can't find that either, had Crisco and ice water, just a couple tablespoons I think. How about a pecan pie that the pecans rise to the top when baking? I remember making these things when I was younger, but can't find a recipe.

I have my 10 in!!!

If I win Miss Prissy's eggs, I will ask her to draw a name from among those with 10 submissions!

We need a big push for Chicken and Egg recipes this week.

I know some of you are still holding out on some awesome family recipes! Come out wherever you are hiding and share those fantastic dishes with us!

Someone tracked down Joe Bryant and ask him to add his pickled silkie egg recipe.

We need some easy and delicious custard recipes - lemon custard and tapioca are two that come to mind. Anyone?

I'd like to see in the recipe book some of those great recipes here on the BYC site that have inspired me like Gump Bread and the yogurt cheese.
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom