BYC members in Massachusetts?

Erikson's will be getting chicks in at some point, if they haven't already. You could give them a call and see what they're getting in. There's also Dodge Grain in Salem NH. Here's the link to what they've ordered so far. You can also call to see if they can add on any breeds to their orders.

http://www.dodgegrain.biz/content.aspx?cid=6

There's also Agway in Chelmsford and Littleton. Anything on the rarer side such as blue orpingtons you'll have to find a breeder.

CORRECTION!
yippiechickie.gif

My wife just mentioned that she follows Ashley at Danvers Agway at 9 Wenham St in Danvers 978-774-1069
and they have quite a few breeds on a weekly basis. She mentioned Speckled Sussex, Black Australorps and Buff Orpingtons. Plus a bunch of others breeds. Might be worth checking out....

:welcome

Good luck with the new chicks. You are going to love having them around. Good idea signing up for BYC, there are a lot of knowledgeable people here to help!
Hope you can get those brooder pics uploaded. :fl

I'm in Minnesota but was born in Salem, MA. My dad is from Fitchburg and my Mom is from Marshfield near Plymouth. I'm considering a move back east and have two questions-

Is there an area where poultry hobbyists could set up with a reasonable cost of living? Anyone know a place where a person could raise chickens or other small livestock and find an elementary teaching job?

Thanks!

Tim

I'm in Minnesota but was born in Salem, MA.  My dad is from Fitchburg and my Mom is from Marshfield near Plymouth.    I'm considering a move back east and have two questions-

Is there an area where poultry hobbyists could set up with a reasonable cost of living?  Anyone know a place where a person could raise chickens or other small livestock and find an elementary teaching job?

Thanks!

Tim

I would suggest looking in central or western MA. Eastern MA is expensive and overly developed.)

Back
Top Bottom