Pics
I do. Thanks for the tag!

I've had Sophie for over 20 years, and Julio for about 10. They are blue and gold macaws. They are in giant separate cages in my home office. Both are pluckers and we've tried everything over the years and gave up. They go on long trips with us. Hubby made a bar out of a thick dowel and mounted it to the seats for them to sit on, but usually Julio will come down to sit on my lap. He's a wuss. They pretend to sing along with hubby though.

View attachment 3849743

Recently, someone asked us to take their two parakeets, so we made some room in the living room for them.
View attachment 3849746

They're gorgeous :love

Thank you. The macaws do have an outside aviary too I forgot to mention, which is even more fun for them since it's also a growout pen for 3 months old silkies. So they get something more to look at watching the chickens go in and out lol.

I was wondering how parrots, predominantly large parrots, would take to chickens! Thought it wouldn't end well, but I'm clearly wrong!

That's rather ridiculous. Was it even hand fed? A wild type cockatiel that was not hand raised (not that I particularly love the concept of hand raising, but it does usually increase the price a bit) should not be costing 368 Euro
I'm not sure, I didn't look to close

Petsmart actually

Yep

In person
Makes sense. I was just reading something i read about tiel prices ages ago and a few people said petshops where asking prices like that. Apparently alot of bird prices went up after covid. I personal don't think it's too horrible, most people are gonna think twice about impulse buying a $400 bird and won't consider it "replaceable".
Would i spend that much on a tiel? Nope 😅

Back
Top Bottom